Skip Top Navigation
image: Click here to return to the Yuba County home page.
image: Rolling hills in Yuba County

Environmental Health/ CUPA

Clark Pickell, R.E.H.S. - Department Head

915 8th. St., Suite 123, Marysville, CA 95901

(530)749-5450 Fax: (530)749-5454

Food protection Program 



The food protection program is to help insure a safe and healthy atmosphere in all food establishments in Yuba County.  The program reviews plans and issues permits for food facilities that serve the public.  Inspections are made on a routine basis to insure compliance with current food handling laws and regulations.


 Yuba County uses the new CAL-CODE food codes.

Click here to download the most up to date version of CALCODE

 as a .pdf (adobe acrobat) document.

See Link Below for Current Recall Info



The Cottage Food Bill (AB 1616)


The forms listed below are the self certification form for "A" type Cottage food facilities

as well as the registration/permit form for type "A" and "B" facilities.

The Home Occupation form must also be filled out and submitted to Planning.


These forms should be printed, filled out and brought to the Environmental Health

Department and Planning for fee payment and approval.  (Click on the form to open it in PDF format)


For questions regarding the regulations please use the e-mail link to the California Department of Public Health web site or send questions to the e-mail address listed at the bottom

of this page.


"A" Self Certification Form


"A" & "B" Registration/Permit Form


Home Occupation Conformance Check List


State Department of Health Information Site


Current Cottage Food Label Information


General Food Label Info With Some Cottage Food Info







FAQ's For California's New Food Handler Certification Card Program




Links to food Safety Information





        Food Safety (Gov)                       FDA Food Info                  FDA Recall Info                     FightBac



                              Food Safety                        Sight Regarding Food                    United States

                                                                                  Storage Times                       Department of AG.




Keep a Clean Kitchen: guide to foodborne illnesses

Keep a Clean Kitchen

A guide to food borne illnesses

Thanks to Mrs. McVey & her 5th graders



(Linked Sites are not recommended, endorsed, nor guaranteed by Yuba County.)

(These Links are listed only for the convenience of the public and will open in a new window.)



Links to Yuba County Food Facility Forms and Applications


                                      Environmental Health General Service Request Form ( {word.doc} --- {.pdf})

                                                  (The general service request form is used for requested services not covered by a permit application)


                                      Sample Food Facility Plan Sheet ({word.doc} --- {.pdf})


                                      Sample Equipment Check List for Food Facilities ({word.doc} --- {.pdf})


                                      Application for Permit to Operate ( {word.doc} ---{.pdf} )


Self Certification for Type "A" Cottage Food Operations({.pdf})


Registration/Permit Form for "A" & "B" Cottage Food Operations({.pdf})




Contact Info: or phone Branden at (530) 749-5471

©2007 County of Yuba, CA