Skip Top Navigation
image: Click here to return to the Yuba County home page.
image: view across Marysville towards the foothills of Yuba County

Cascade Fire Recovery

Yuba County Government Center

915 8th Street, Marysville, CA 95901



Welcome to this informational page for the recovery efforts related to the Cascade Fire. This is an official page for the County of Yuba and is a resource for all things concerning this unprecedented disaster that has affected our community.

Cascade Fire Debris Removal

Yuba County is requesting that Right-of-Entry (ROE) forms for participation in the State consolidated debris removal program be submitted no later than November 13, 2017 in order to facilitate the debris removal process.

If you have not received an ROE form, are unable to submit the form by November 13th, or are using a private contractor, please contact the Environmental Health Department promptly at 530-749-7523.

ROE Form


Debris Removal

Many of you have questions about debris removal from your affected properties in the Cascade Fire region.

Yuba County and the State of California, Department of Toxic Substance Control (DTSC), have begun the work of ridding affected properties of Household Hazardous Waste. This is the first step in Debris Removal.


The second step in clearing your land of hazards is removing all other debris from the fire. Some examples of this are; any remaining structural debris, burned vehicles, burned equipment, tanks, ash, etc.

The debris clean-up must be done by a licensed contractor and must meet the standards and testing of Cal-Recycle.  There is a Cal-Recycle program that manages licensed contractors to do the debris clean-up for property owners. Or an owner may choose to hire their own contractor to do the clean-up.  To use the Cal-Recycle program, property owners must complete a Right of Entry form.

If you have not completed a Right of Entry form, allowing the Cal-Recycle and their contractors to enter and clean-up on your property, you can find the form here.

Right of Entry Form    

Please return completed form to Yuba County:

Environmental Health
915 8th Street, Suite 123
Marysville, CA 95901

or via email at:

Once your property has been cleared of Household Hazardous Waste and Fire Debris, you will receive a Certificate of Compliance, indicating that your property meets the California State requirements for post-wildfire clean up. This certificate is the "gateway" to starting your re-build.


Trees on Affected Properties

It is the hope and belief that many of the burned trees from the Cascade Fire will survive. Here are helpful links while considering next steps in your property clean up efforts.

Oak Survival    

General Post-Fire Forestry    

Residential Trees after Wildfire    

Hazard Tree Removal    

Post-Wildfire, Dos and Don'ts    

If you have questions regarding trees and vegetation on your property, please feel free to contact Dan Peterson in the Public Works Department at:

or Phone (530) 749-5420

How do I get power restored to my property?

Contact a licensed and insured electrician to install a power pole and main meter panel (purchasing the power pole and meter panel is the homeowner's responsibility). After a pole and panel are installed call the Building Department at (530) 749-5440 and request an inspection to approve your installation. After the inspection, contact PG & E for electric meter installation. Make sure you tell the Building Department you are located within the cascade fire area.

Below is a link to the Building Department handout regarding power poles and their placement.

Combined Electrical Handouts    

If you have questions regarding Power Restoration at your affected property, please feel free to contact the Building Department at:

or Phone (530) 749-5440

Ready to begin the Re-Build process?

The Yuba County Community Development and Services Agency is enhancing their normal processes to ensure a seamless flow of information and services to swiftly enable the re-build.

The Yuba County Board of Supervisors has adopted a resolution that authorizes the Community Development and Services Agency Director to Defer, Alter and/or Waive fees associated with the Recovery and Re-Building. Please see the adopted Resolution here:

Cascade Fire Recovery Resolution    

As the full extent of the Cascade Fire is being evaluated by Yuba County leadership, each department will make their determination on fees. Once these decisions are made they will be communicated to all impacted property owners, letting you know the decisions to alter and/or waive fees. At this time, all fees are to be considered deferred. Deferring fees should allow owners and families to focus on what is important during these, first, critical weeks and months.

Cascade Re-Build