Skip Top Navigation
image: Click here to return to the Yuba County home page.
image: Collins Lake in Yuba County

California Children's Services (CCS) Program


5730 Packard Avenue, Suite 100     Marysville, CA  95901
(530) 749-6340    Fax  (530) 749-6830

California Children's Services

CCS is a state program that helps children with certain diseases, physical limitations or chronic health problems.  CCS can authorize and pay for specific medical services and equipment provided by CCS-approved specialists. The California Department of Health Services manages the CCS program. Larger counties operate their own CCS programs, while smaller counties share the operation of their program with state CCS regional offices in Sacramento, San Francisco, and Los Angeles. The program is funded with state, county, and federal tax monies, along with some fees paid by parents.

Frequently Asked Questions

1.  Is our child qualified to get CCS?
What else can CCS do for our child?
What are the requirements?
What if my family's income is more than $40,000?
What medical problems does CCS cover?
Can we use any doctor or provider we want?
How do we apply?
Can a child apply for CCS?

Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

1.  Is our child qualified to get CCS?

If you or your child's doctor thinks that your child has a medical problem that is covered by CCS, the CCS program can pay for an exam to determine if your child's condition is a CCS-covered condition.  If it is determined that CCS covers your child's problem, CCS can pay for or provides services such as:

Doctor visits
Hospital stays
Physical and occupational therapy
Lab tests and X-Rays
Orthopedic appliances and medical equipment

2.  What else can CCS do for our child?

CCS can manage your child's medical care which means that your child can be referred to medical specialist providers to meet your child's needs.  Sometimes CCS refers you to other agencies like public health nursing and regional centers.  CCS also has  Medical Therapy Program (MTP) which are in public schools and give physical and occupational therapy to eligible children.

3.  What are the requirements?

To obtain CCS your child must be:
Under 21 years old and
Have or may have a medical problem that CCS covers and
Be a resident of California and
Have a family income of less than $40,000 (adjusted gross income on state tax form)

4.  What if my family's income is more than $40,000?

You can still get CCS if:
You have Medi-Cal (full scope, no cost)
You have Healthy Families insurance
Your out -of-pocket medical expenses for your child's care is more than 20% of your family income;
You only want MTP services
You need to see a doctor to see if your child is eligible for CCS; or
You adopted your child with a known medical problem that made them eligible for CCS

5.  What medical problems does CCS cover?

CCS doesn't cover all problems.  CCS covers most problems that are physically disabling or that need to be treated with medicines, surgery or rehabilitation. Examples of conditions typically covered by CCS include:

Congenital heart disease Cancers, tumors
Hemophilia, sickle cell anemia Cerebral palsy, uncontrolled seizures
Thyroid problems, diabetes Rhematoid arthritis, muscular dystrophy
Serious chronic kidney problems AIDS
Liver or intestine disease Severe head, brain or spinal cord injuries
Cleft lip/palate, spina bifida Severe burns
Hearing loss, cataracts Problems caused by premature birth
Severely crooked teeth Broken bones


6.  Can we use any doctor or provider we want?

No.  CCS must approve the provider, services and equipment first.

7.  How do we apply?

You need to fill out a CCS application and return it to the Yuba County CCS office.  You can download an application in English or Spanish.  (Adobe Acrobat Reader required).  Make sure you fill out your application carefully to make sure that all needed information is filled out.

8.  Can a child apply for CCS?

If your child is 18 years or older, or an emancipated minor they can apply on their own.

For more information about CCS, please call Yuba County CCS Line at 530-749-6340 or visit California's CCS website at:



Back to Top

Public Health • 5730 Packard Ave., Suite 100, Marysville, CA 95901 • (530)  749-6366 • Fax: (530)749-6397


©2009 County of Yuba, CA