IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
- January 1 - Lien date, the date taxable value is
established and property taxes become a lien on the property
- July 1 - Beginning of fiscal year
- August 1- Unsecured bills due.
- August 31 - Unsecured deadline. A 10% penalty is
added as of 5:00 p.m.*
- October - Tax Collector mails out original
secured property tax bills
- November 1 - Secured Property Taxes first
installment is due and unpaid Unsecured assessments are
charged additional penalties of 1½% per month until paid.
- December 10- First installment payment deadline.
A 10% penalty is added as of 5:00 p.m.*
- February 1 - Secured Property Taxes ~ second
installment is due
- April 10 - Second installment payment deadline. A
10% penalty plus $20.00 cost is added as of 5:00 p.m.*
- May & June - Tax Collector mails delinquent
notices for any unpaid, secured & supplemental current year
- June 30 - End of fiscal year
- July 1 - Delinquent Secured accounts are
transferred to delinquent tax roll; additional penalties
apply at 1 ½ % per month on any unpaid tax amounts, plus
$15.00 redemption fee.
* Should a due date fall on a weekend or holiday, the delinquent
date is the next business day.