Skip Top Navigation
image: Click here to return to the Yuba County home page.
image: Rolling hills in Yuba County

Public Works

Michael Lee, Director

915 8th Street, Suite 125, Marysville,  CA 95901

(530)749-5420 Fax: (530)749-5424


Frequently Asked Questions:

Who do I contact to repair streetlights?

Locate pole number on pole (located 7 feet from bottom of pole). If the light is in the Cobblestone/Plumas Lake area and the pole number starts with YC call Public Works at (530) 749-5420 with pole number and location. Any other pole location and/or number you can contact PG&E Maintenance Division at (800)743-5000 or fill out a Street Light Trouble Report on line at: 


Why are there streetlights only on some corners in my neighborhood in Plumas Lake?

When the Plumas Lake Specific Plan was being planned, property owners near in the proposed development area were concerned about losing their rural setting and did not want an abundance of street lights illuminating the area. So when the Plan was adopted by the County, street lights were required to be placed only at intersections and at decision locations. When the first subdivisions were being constructed in the Plumas Lake area the developer interpreted the Specific Plan to read that street lights were to be placed only at intersections. After the first few maps and plans were approved, our department interpreted the meaning of decision locations to include the backs of cul-de-sacs and at knuckles. Unfortunately the builders were not willing to install additional street lights in the areas that had been completed.

There are areas that have more street lights because the builder chose to install street lighting beyond what is required and the home owners in this area will be paying a higher yearly assessment for the enhanced street lighting.

The only way for the County to require more lighting is to amend the Plumas Lake Specific Plan and set criteria for street lights. At this time there are no plans to amend the Plumas Lake Specific Plan. But we do encourage developers to install additional street lights beyond what is required by the Specific Plan.

You and/or your neighbors can contact PG&E and have them install a street light. You would be responsible for the installation costs and possibly the monthly electrical costs. There has been no decision made on whether the electrical costs for a street light installed by property owners could be funded through the County Service Area.


Is a CSA required to have a Committee?

No. A CSA is not required to have a committee but Public Works does encourage some type of committee or advisory panel in each CSA to keep the County informed of issues.


Can a CSA construct a gate to stop traffic from using the CSA roads?

No. The roads in a CSA are classified as public roads that can be used by anyone. Although the roads are not part of the County road system and are maintained through CSA funds.


Can a CSA be dissolved if requested by the residents?

Yes. A CSA can be dissolved if 100% of the residents request the action. The process then goes through the Local Agency Formation Commission or LAFCO.


Are the assessments the same in each CSA?

No. Each area is assessed based on the services provided. For example, a CSA in the valley may require streetlights and a CSA in the foothills will not require streetlights. The cost associated with the streetlights would not be charged in the foothills.






©2007 County of Yuba, CA