It is the mission of the Public Works Department to maintain,
repair, design, and construct County roads, bridges, and storm water
drainage systems in accordance with local, state, and federal
laws/standards, and in a manner that maximizes public safety; review
and approve land development projects as they relate to the County
road, drainage, and park systems, as well as the County Surveyor
function; administration and maintenance of the County parks and
County Services Areas; and pursue and obtain federal and state funds
for the County roads, bridges, storm drainage systems, and parks.
In supporting the County mission, the Public Works Department
provides protection of the public investment in the County’s
existing road system and public safety by maintaining and improving
overall roadway conditions.
Services Provided to the Public
- Construction of repairs to damaged roads
- Construction of capital improvements
- Construction of drainage projects
- Map checking
- Records of survey
- Improvement plans
- Lot line adjustments
- Parcel maps
- Tract maps
- Encroachment Permits
- Transportation Permits
- Maintain Assessment Districts and County Service
Area administrative tasks.
- Support the implementation of the County Geographical
Information System (GIS) mapping.
On-line Complaint Form
CDSA now accepts Credit
For your convenience we now accept
Visa, Master Card,
Discover Card or American Express when paying CDSA fees and/or deposits.
To use these cards as a Debit Card there is a
$2.50 flat fee.
To use these cards as a Credit Card the fee is 3% of the transaction
ote: Any payments over the phone are required to be
Credit Card only.
Grant Program for Capital Improvements:
Yuba County will be utilizing grant money for rehabilitating 12.6 miles of county roads using Rubberized Asphalt Concrete (RAC). This Grant Program is sponsored by the Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle).
The benefits of Rubberized Asphalt Concrete (RAC) include:
- RAC utilizes ground rubber from recycled auto and
light truck tires which keeps them out of our landfills.
- 2 inches of RAC has the same strength as 4 inches of
- RAC can lower maintenance costs because when
designed and constructed properly, it lasts up to 50%
longer and is better at resisting cracking.
- RAC has better skid resistance.
- RAC stays darker, making a better contrast for
- Streets constructed of RAC have a lower noise level
Community Clean-Up Event:
- Yuba County's 15th Annual Coastal Cleanup Event
will be on Saturday, September
19, 2015 9am-noon