Meetings are located at:
Yuba County Government Center
Board Chambers, 915 Eighth Street
ROLL CALL - Directors Vasquez, Nicoletti, Griego, Abe, Fletcher
ACTION: Approve meeting minutes of July 26, 2016.
CONSENT ITEM: Approve agreement with Industrial Employers and Distributors Association (IEDA) for consulting services and authorize Chair to execute.
9:30 A.M. YUBA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS - Welcome to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors meeting. As a courtesy to others, please turn off cell phones, pagers, or other electronic devices, which might disrupt the meeting. All items on the agenda other than Correspondence and Board and Staff Members Reports are considered items for which the Board may take action. The public will be given opportunity to comment on action items on the agenda when the item is heard and comments shall be limited to three minutes per individual or group.
1. (393-0916) Approve plans, specifications and estimate, and authorize advertisement of bids with a bid opening date of October 28, 2016 for Intersection Improvements at Olivehurst Avenue, Powerline Road and Chestnut Road pending Caltrans authorization.
3. (395-0916) Adopt resolution authorizing Public Works Director to complete purchase of 2.2 acres, APN 019-270-040, for $165,000 for Goldfields Parkway Project, and to execute all documents necessary to complete purchase/escrow subject to County Counsel review.
1. (399-0916) Approve grant agreement with California Office of Traffic Safety in the amount of $75,000 for a period of October 1, 2016 through September 30, 2017 for safety and inspection events and authorize Chair to accept funds and execute all documents as required. (Human Services Committee recommends approval).
2. (400-0916) Adopt resolution authorizing Director of Health and Human Services to amend 14Forward Emergency Temporary Shelter agreement and related documents upon review and approval of County Counsel.
3. (401-0916) Approve agreement with Yuba College District for counseling services for July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2018 with a contract fee not to exceed $26,666 per fiscal year, authorize Chair to execute agreement and any amendments thereto upon review and approval of County Counsel.
1. (402-0916) Adopt resolution to approve and authorize the purchase of additional services with RFI Enterprises for camera installations and replacement projects within the county upon review by County Counsel .
VI. PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Any person may speak about any subject of concern provided it is within the jurisdiction of the Board of Supervisors and is not already on today's agenda. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than three minutes. Prior to this time speakers are requested to fill out a "Request to Speak" card and submit it to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors. Please note: No Board action can be taken on comments made under this heading.
VIII. ORDINANCES AND PUBLIC HEARINGS: If you challenge in court the action or decision of the Yuba County Board of Supervisors regarding a zoning, planning, land use or environmental protection matter made at any public hearing described in this notice, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at such public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, such public hearing and such public comments will be limited to three minutes per individual or group.
A. (407-0916) Hold public hearing, waive reading and introduce ordinance amending Section 9.15.041 of Yuba County Ordinance Code to establish speed limit of 30 miles per hour on Country Club Road from Feather River Boulevard westerly to end of Country Club Road. (Land Use and Public Works Committee recommends approval). (Roll Call Vote) (First reading) (Five minute estimate)
B. (408-0916) Hold public hearing and adopt findings of urgency (4/5 vote required. Roll Call Vote). Hold public hearing and adopt urgency ordinance enacting Chapter 7.20 of the Yuba County Ordinance Code establishing minimum health and safety standards related to emergency homeless shelters and facilities, owned, operated, leased or maintained, or any combination thereof by the County. (4/5 vote required. Roll Call Vote) (Fifteen minute estimate)
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353 (fax). Requests must be made two full business days before the start of the meeting. To place an item on the agenda, contact the office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors.