All meetings are located at:
unless otherwise indicated.
I. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - Led by Supervisor Logue
II. ROLL CALL - Supervisors Logue, Nicoletti, Griego, Schrader, Stocker
III. CONSENT AGENDA: All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine and can be enacted in one motion.
A. Administrative Services
1. Approve agreement with Calpo, Hom and Don Architects, Inc. for architectural services; approve agreement with DesCor Builders for engineering and pre-construction services; authorize the Chair to execute same; and authorize Budget Transfer in the amount of $2,500,000 for courthouse remodel. (05-475) (Public Facilities Committee Recommends Approval)
2. Approve amendment to lease between Yuba County Airport and the Yuba County Sheriff's Reserve, Inc. as it relates to Miller Day Hall facility and Sheriff's pistol range and authorize the Chair to execute same. (05-476)
C. Clerk of the Board of Supervisors
Approve minutes of the regular meeting of
D. Community Development
E. Health and Human Services
1. Approve agreement between Yuba County and Yuba Community College for learning disability assessment and counseling services for the CalWORKs program in the amount of $103,703 and authorize the Chair to execute same. (05-483) (Human Services Committee Recommends Approval)
2. Approve Memorandum of Understanding between County of Yuba and City of Marysville for funding of services under the Senior Nutrition Access Card Program and authorize the Chair to execute same. (05-484) (Human Services Committee Recommends Approval)
4. Approve agreement with Glenn County for Child Welfare Services/Case Management System Staff Training and authorize the Chair to execute same. (05-486) (Human Services Committee Recommends Approval)
F. Public Works
2. Award contract to Teichert Construction, apparent low bidder, for Powerline Road Safe Routes to School Project; authorize Chair to execute upon submittal and review and approval of County Counsel; authorize change order reducing proposed scope of work; and authorize Budget Transfer in the total amount of $438,390 to various line items for increased funding. (Land Use and Public Works Committee Recommends Approval) (05-489)
G. Risk Management/Personnel
IV. SPECIAL PRESENTATION
V. PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Any person may speak about any subject of concern provided it is within the jurisdiction of the Board of Supervisors and is not already on today's agenda. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes. Prior to this time speakers must fill out a "Request to Speak" card and submit it to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors. Note: No Board action can be taken on comments made under this heading.
VI. COUNTY DEPARTMENTS
A. Community Development
1. Approve agreement with Placer County allowing Placer County to be permitting agency for Patterson Sand and Gravel and authorize the Chair to execute same. (Land Use and Public Works Committee Recommends Approval) 05-422)
1. Approve agreement with Schindler Elevator Corp. authorizing repair of the jail elevators; authorize the Chair to execute same; approve Budget Transfer from Account No. 108-0000-372-99-03 (Operating Transfers) to Account No. 108-2900-423-18-00 (Jail Maintenance) in the amount of $19,221. (05-493)
D. Treasurer-Tax Collector
1. Adopt resolution providing the issuance and sale of 2005/2006 Tax and Revenue Anticipation Notes for Marysville Joint Unified School District in an aggregate amount not to exceed $10,000,000. (05-494)
VII. ORDINANCES AND PUBLIC HEARINGS: If you challenge in court the action or decision of the Yuba County Board of Supervisors regarding a zoning, planning, land use or environmental protection matter made at any public hearing described in this notice, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at such public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, such public hearing.
A. Public Hearing - Hold public hearing and adopt resolution approving the assessment of $380.00 for Thoroughbred Estates, Wheeler Ranch and Leal Property in County Service Area 66. (Land Use and Public Works Committee Recommends approval) (05-497)
VIII. CORRESPONDENCE - (05-498)
IX. BOARD AND STAFF MEMBERS’ REPORTS: This time is provided to allow Board and staff members to report on activities or to raise issues for placement on future agendas.
X. CLOSED SESSION: Any person desiring to comment on any matter scheduled for this closed session may address the Board at this time.
Conference with Real Property negotiations pursuant to Government Code
§54956.8 - Property:
B. Threatened litigation pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(b) - One Case
ADDENDUM TO AGENDA: Add to Closed Session
Pending litigation pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) -
D. Pending litigation pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) - Wolfenbarger vs. Black
In compliance with the American with
Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled
parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related
modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please
contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353
(fax). Requests must be made one
full business day before the start of the meeting. To place an item on the agenda, contact the
office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510.
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353 (fax). Requests must be made one full business day before the start of the meeting.
To place an item on the agenda, contact the office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510.
PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board of Supervisors on items not appearing on the agenda which are of interest to the public and are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board, provided that no action shall be taken unless otherwise authorized by law. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes.
AGENDA ITEMS: The opportunity of the public to be heard on an item shall be provided during the consideration of that item. In the interest of time, the Board has limited the length of such comment or input on each item to 15 minutes total, with a limit of no more than 5 minutes per person or group. The period for public comments on a particular item may be extended upon a majority vote of the Board. These time limits do not apply to applicants appearing before the Board on behalf of their applications.
ACTION ITEMS: All items on the Agenda under the headings “Consent,” “County Departments,” Ordinances and Public Hearings,” “Items of Public Interest,” and “Closed Session,” or any of them, are items on which the Board may take any action at this meetings.
PUBLIC HEARINGS: All members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board as to any item which is noticed on the Board's agenda as a public hearing. The Board has limited each person or group input to no more than 3 minutes. Any person or group may provide the Board with a written statement in lieu of or in supplement to any oral statement made during a public hearing. Written statements shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board.
ORDINANCES: Ordinances shall not be passed within five days of their introductions, nor at other than a regular meeting or at an adjourned regular meeting. The Board of Supervisors will address ordinances at first readings. The public is urged to address ordinances at first readings. Passage of ordinances will be held at second readings, after reading the title, further reading is waived and adoption of the ordinance is made by majority vote. An urgency ordinance may be passed immediately upon introduction. The Board reserves the right to amend any proposed ordinances and to hold a first reading in lieu of a second reading.
INFORMATIONAL CORRESPONDENCE: The Board may direct any item of informational correspondence to a department head for appropriate action.
SCHEDULED LUNCH BREAK: Between the hours of and and at the discretion of the Chair, the Board will recess one hour for lunch.
SPECIAL MEETINGS: No public comment shall be allowed during special meetings of the Board of Supervisors, except for items duly noticed on the agenda.
PUBLIC INFORMATION: Copies of §6.7 shall be posted along with agendas.