All meetings are located at:
unless otherwise indicated
November 28, 2006
8:30 A.M. YUBA COUNTY WATER AGENCY
9:15 A.M. THREE RIVERS LEVEE IMPROVEMENT AUTHORITY – SPECIAL MEETING
I. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - Led by Supervisor Logue
II. ROLL CALL - Supervisors Logue, Nicoletti, Griego, Schrader, Stocker
III. CONSENT AGENDA: All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine and can be enacted in one motion.
A. Administrative Services
1. Authorize Budget Transfer in the amount of $18,000 from Account No. 130-0000-371-98-99 (Estimated Revenue) to Account No, 130-9500-432-62-00 (Fixed Assets - Equipment) for purchase of airport light regulator. (Public Facilities Committee Recommends Approval) (06-653)
2. Authorize disposal of IBM AS/400 iSeries Model 730 for trade-in to IBM for $60,000 and funds received returned to Account No. 101-1900-410-6001(Reserve for Replacement) to offset purchase of replacement system. (06-654)
B. Agricultural Commissioner
1. Approve contract between Sutter County Resource Conservation District and County of Yuba Agricultural Commissioner to develop and refine Geographic Information Systems maps and authorize Chairman to execute same. (Protective Inspection Committee recommends approval) (06-655)
C. Board of Supervisors
D. Clerk of the Board of Supervisors
1. Approve minutes of the regular meeting of November 14, 2006.
E. Community Development/Environmental Health
1. Adopt resolution authorizing the Director of Environmental Health to apply for Waste Tire Enforcement Grant Funding for Fiscal Year 2007/2008 and Chairman to execute upon review and approval of County Counsel. (06-658)
1. Approve Juvenile 602 and First Conflict Juvenile 602 Public Defender Attorney Contracts with Carl R. Lindmark and Mark Woods and authorize Chairman to execute same. (Law and Justice Committee Recommends Approval) (06-659)
G. Health and Human Services
1. Adopt resolution authorizing Health and Human Services to apply to the California Department of Alcohol and Drug Programs for substance abuse offenders and the Chairman to execute same. (Human Services Committee Recommends Approval) (06-660)
2. Approve Memorandum of Understanding between Sutter-Yuba Mental Health Services and County of Yuba for therapeutic services and authorize Chairman to execute same. (Human Services Committee Recommends Approval) (06-661)
3. Adopt resolution accepting Child Welfare Services Outcome Improvement Project funds and authorizing the Director of Health and Human Services to execute agreements and documents as required by allocation upon review and approval of County Counsel. (Human Services Committee Recommends Approval) (06-662)
1. Approve Memorandum of Understanding between Sutter-Yuba Mental Health and Yuba County Probation for mental health services provided at Maxine Singer Youth Guidance Center and authorize Chairman to execute same. (Law and Justice Committee Recommends Approval) (06-663)
I. Public Works
3. Adopt resolution to accept donations of approximately $3,500 from Rose Baldwin and authorize $1,500 from the Road Fund for purchase of a digital speed limit sign. (Land Use and Public Works Committee Recommends Approval) (06-666)
J. Treasurer-Tax Collector
K. Risk Management/Personnel
IV. SPECIAL PRESENTATION
V. PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Any person may speak about any subject of concern provided it is within the jurisdiction of the Board of Supervisors and is not already on today's agenda. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes. Prior to this time speakers must fill out a "Request to Speak" card and submit it to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors. Note: No Board action can be taken on comments made under this heading.
VI. COUNTY DEPARTMENTS
A. Board of Supervisors
1. Consider canceling Board meeting scheduled January 2, 2007 and take action as appropriate. (No background material) (06-671)
B. Community Development
1. Approve plan area boundary for the Yuba County component of the Yuba-Sutter Habitat Conservation Plan/Natural Community Conservation Planning. (Land Use and Public Works Committee Recommends Approval) (06-672)
VII. ORDINANCES AND PUBLIC HEARINGS: If you challenge in court the action or decision of the Yuba County Board of Supervisors regarding a zoning, planning, land use or environmental protection matter made at any public hearing described in this notice, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at such public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, such public hearing.
B. Ordinance - Hold public hearing, waive first reading, and introduce ordinance adding Section 2.25.050 to the Yuba County Ordinance Code relating to Appeals to the Board of Supervisors. (First Reading) (06-675)
F. Public Hearing - Hold public hearing and adopt resolution that the County will not accept or process applications for General Plan Amendments or Specific/Area Plans until such time as the General Plan has been updated. (Continued from November 14, 2006) (Ten Minutes Estimate) (06-641)
VIII. CORRESPONDENCE - (06-679)
IX. BOARD AND STAFF MEMBERS’ REPORTS: This time is provided to allow Board and staff members to report on activities or to raise issues for placement on future agendas.
X. CLOSED SESSION: Any person desiring to comment on any matter scheduled for this closed session may address the Board at this time.
A. Threatened litigation pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(b) - One Case
B. Public Employee Discipline/Dismissal/Release pursuant to Government Code §54957
11/28/06 - 11:00 A.M. Land Use and Public Works Committee - (Supervisors Stocker and Logue - Alternate Supervisor Nicoletti)
11/28/06 - 11:10 A.M. Human Services Committee - (Supervisors Stocker and Griego - Alternate Supervisor Nicoletti)
In compliance with the American with
Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled
parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related
modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please
contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353
(fax). Requests must be made one
full business day before the start of the meeting. To place an item on the agenda, contact the
office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510.
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353 (fax). Requests must be made one full business day before the start of the meeting.
To place an item on the agenda, contact the office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510.
PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board of Supervisors on items not appearing on the agenda which are of interest to the public and are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board, provided that no action shall be taken unless otherwise authorized by law. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes.
AGENDA ITEMS: The opportunity of the public to be heard on an item shall be provided during the consideration of that item. In the interest of time, the Board has limited the length of such comment or input on each item to 15 minutes total, with a limit of no more than 5 minutes per person or group. The period for public comments on a particular item may be extended upon a majority vote of the Board. These time limits do not apply to applicants appearing before the Board on behalf of their applications.
ACTION ITEMS: All items on the Agenda under the headings “Consent,” “County Departments,” Ordinances and Public Hearings,” “Items of Public Interest,” and “Closed Session,” or any of them, are items on which the Board may take any action at this meetings.
PUBLIC HEARINGS: All members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board as to any item which is noticed on the Board's agenda as a public hearing. The Board has limited each person or group input to no more than 3 minutes. Any person or group may provide the Board with a written statement in lieu of or in supplement to any oral statement made during a public hearing. Written statements shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board.
ORDINANCES: Ordinances shall not be passed within five days of their introductions, nor at other than a regular meeting or at an adjourned regular meeting. The Board of Supervisors will address ordinances at first readings. The public is urged to address ordinances at first readings. Passage of ordinances will be held at second readings, after reading the title, further reading is waived and adoption of the ordinance is made by majority vote. An urgency ordinance may be passed immediately upon introduction. The Board reserves the right to amend any proposed ordinances and to hold a first reading in lieu of a second reading.
INFORMATIONAL CORRESPONDENCE: The Board may direct any item of informational correspondence to a department head for appropriate action.
SCHEDULED LUNCH BREAK: Between the hours of and and at the discretion of the Chair, the Board will recess one hour for lunch.
SPECIAL MEETINGS: No public comment shall be allowed during special meetings of the Board of Supervisors, except for items duly noticed on the agenda.
PUBLIC INFORMATION: Copies of §6.7 shall be posted along with agendas.