All meetings are located at:
unless otherwise indicated
June 26, 2007
8:30 A.M. YUBA COUNTY WATER AGENCY
I. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - Led by Supervisor Griego
II. ROLL CALL - Supervisors Logue, Nicoletti, Griego, Schrader, Stocker
III. CONSENT AGENDA: All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine and can be enacted in one motion.
A. Administrative Services
2. Authorize Public Works Director to close Skyway Drive and Arboga Road from McGowan Parkway to Eleventh Avenue from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. June 29, 2007 and 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. June 30 and July 1, 2007 to allow jet performance at the 2007 Golden West EAA Regional Fly-in and Air Show. (07-341)
B. Agricultural Commissioner
1. Approve Annual Work and Financial Plan. Agreement No. 08-73-06-0284-RA with United States Department of Agriculture Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service-Wildlife Services and authorize Chairman to execute same. (Protective Inspection Committee Recommends Approval) (07-343)
D. Child Support Services
1. Authorize Budget Transfer in the amount of $3,200 from Account No. 107-2600-421-1800 (Building and Ground) to Account No. 107-2600-421-6200 (Fixed Assets) for purchase of custodial equipment for new facility. (07-344)
E. Clerk of the Board of Supervisors
1. Appoint Ms. Sheryl Freeman and Mr. Bobby Osborn for terms to expire June 26, 2009 and Mr. David Mullanix for a term to expire March 21, 2008 to the In-Home Supportive Services Advisory Committee. (07-345)
2. Approve minutes of the regular meeting of June 12, 2007.
F. Community Development
1. Authorize Auditor/Controller to disburse $1,200,000 Measure D funds from Fund 807 to the County Road Fund for $1,141,200, City of Marysville for $48,600, and City of Wheatland for $10,200. (07-347)
G. Health and Human Services
1. Approve amendment to lease agreement between Office of Education and Yuba County for Health and Human Services office space located at One Stop Center effective June 1, 2007 and authorize Chairman to execute same. (Human Services Committee Recommends Approval) (07-348)
2. Approve amendment to agreement with Children's Home Society and County of Yuba for CalWORKs Child Care Services and authorize Chairman to execute same. (Human Services Committee Recommends Approval) (07-349)
3. Adopt resolution authorizing Health and Human Services to enter into agreement with State of California for Multipurpose Senior Services for Fiscal Year 2007/2008, Chairman to execute documents required by the agreement and any pertinent documents related to this program, and acceptance of funds. (Human Services Committee Recommends Approval) (07-350)
J. Risk Management/Personnel
IV. SPECIAL PRESENTATION
V. PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Any person may speak about any subject of concern provided it is within the jurisdiction of the Board of Supervisors and is not already on today's agenda. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes. Prior to this time speakers must fill out a "Request to Speak" card and submit it to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors. Note: No Board action can be taken on comments made under this heading.
VI. COUNTY DEPARTMENTS
A. Child Support Services
1. Authorize closure of the Child Support Services Department July 18, 19, and 20, 2007 to allow move from Feather River Center to new facility located at 5730 Packard Avenue. (Five minute estimate) (07-356)
B. Clerk of the Board of Supervisors
1. Appoint Darin Gale, Ilene Jacobs, Charles Mathews, Jr., Cory Wilkins, Joni Gerry, Richard Teagarden, and two individuals from each supervisorial district to the General Plan Update Advisory Committee. (Ten minute estimate) (07-357)
VII. ORDINANCES AND PUBLIC HEARINGS: If you challenge in court the action or decision of the Yuba County Board of Supervisors regarding a zoning, planning, land use or environmental protection matter made at any public hearing described in this notice, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at such public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, such public hearing.
A. Public Hearing - Hold public hearing to allow public comment on the Final Products and Closeouts for the 04-PTAA-0342 Feasibility Study for Acquisition and Rehabilitation of Low Income Rental Housing. (Ten minute estimate) (07-358)
VIII. CORRESPONDENCE - (07-360)
IX. BOARD AND STAFF MEMBERS’ REPORTS: This time is provided to allow Board and staff members to report on activities or to raise issues for placement on future agendas.
X. CLOSED SESSION: Any person desiring to comment on any matter scheduled for this closed session may address the Board at this time.
Conference with Real Property Negotiator pursuant to Government Code
§54956.8 - Property: APN 010-185-015 (
B. Threatened litigation pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(b) - One Case
C. Pending litigation pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) - Linda Fire Protection District vs. County of Yuba
D. Labor negotiation pursuant to Government Code §54957.6(a) - DSA/MSA and County of Yuba/Martha Wilson
E. Personnel pursuant to Government Code §54957 - Public Appointment - Agricultural Commissioner
F. Personnel pursuant to Government Code §54957 - Public Appointment - Personnel Director
Land Use and Public Works Committee - (Supervisors Stocker and Logue - Alternate Supervisor Nicoletti)
In compliance with the American with
Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled
parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related
modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please
contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353
(fax). Requests must be made one
full business day before the start of the meeting. To place an item on the agenda, contact the
office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510.
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353 (fax). Requests must be made one full business day before the start of the meeting.
To place an item on the agenda, contact the office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510.
PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board of Supervisors on items not appearing on the agenda which are of interest to the public and are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board, provided that no action shall be taken unless otherwise authorized by law. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes.
AGENDA ITEMS: The opportunity of the public to be heard on an item shall be provided during the consideration of that item. In the interest of time, the Board has limited the length of such comment or input on each item to 15 minutes total, with a limit of no more than 5 minutes per person or group. The period for public comments on a particular item may be extended upon a majority vote of the Board. These time limits do not apply to applicants appearing before the Board on behalf of their applications.
ACTION ITEMS: All items on the Agenda under the headings “Consent,” “County Departments,” Ordinances and Public Hearings,” “Items of Public Interest,” and “Closed Session,” or any of them, are items on which the Board may take any action at this meetings.
PUBLIC HEARINGS: All members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board as to any item which is noticed on the Board's agenda as a public hearing. The Board has limited each person or group input to no more than 3 minutes. Any person or group may provide the Board with a written statement in lieu of or in supplement to any oral statement made during a public hearing. Written statements shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board.
ORDINANCES: Ordinances shall not be passed within five days of their introductions, nor at other than a regular meeting or at an adjourned regular meeting. The Board of Supervisors will address ordinances at first readings. The public is urged to address ordinances at first readings. Passage of ordinances will be held at second readings, after reading the title, further reading is waived and adoption of the ordinance is made by majority vote. An urgency ordinance may be passed immediately upon introduction. The Board reserves the right to amend any proposed ordinances and to hold a first reading in lieu of a second reading.
INFORMATIONAL CORRESPONDENCE: The Board may direct any item of informational correspondence to a department head for appropriate action.
SCHEDULED LUNCH BREAK: Between the hours of and and at the discretion of the Chair, the Board will recess one hour for lunch.
SPECIAL MEETINGS: No public comment shall be allowed during special meetings of the Board of Supervisors, except for items duly noticed on the agenda.
PUBLIC INFORMATION: Copies of §6.7 shall be posted along with agendas.