All meetings are located at:
unless otherwise indicated
October 2, 2007
I. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - Led by Supervisor Schrader
II. ROLL CALL - Supervisors Logue, Nicoletti, Griego, Schrader, Stocker
III. CONSENT AGENDA: All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine and can be enacted in one motion.
A. Board of Supervisors
B. Clerk of the Board of Supervisors
1. Approve minutes of the regular meeting of September 18, 2007.
C. Community Development and Services
1. Award contract to Independent Construction, the apparent low bidder, for Forty Mile Road Pavement Rehabilitation Project and authorize Chairman to execute same upon submittal, review, and approval of County Counsel. (07-549)
1. Adopt resolution approving Memorandum of Understanding with Fred Anthony, owner of Challenge Business Center for placement of Bokomaten unit and authorizing Library Director to execute same. (07-550)
1. Authorize Budget Transfer in the amount of $26,002 from Account No. 108-0000-362-72-03 (Justice Assistance Grant) to Account No. 108-2700-422-23-00 (Professional Services) for various operating expenses. (07-551)
IV. SPECIAL PRESENTATION
A. Present proclamation recognizing October as Domestic Violence Awareness Month. (07-552)
B. Present proclamation recognizing October 5, 2007 as California Arts Day. (07-553)
Present proclamation recognizing
V. PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Any person may speak about any subject of concern provided it is within the jurisdiction of the Board of Supervisors and is not already on today's agenda. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes. Prior to this time speakers must fill out a "Request to Speak" card and submit it to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors. Note: No Board action can be taken on comments made under this heading.
VI. COUNTY DEPARTMENTS
A. Community Development and Services
1. Authorize Budget Transfer in the amount of $5,000 from Account No. 101-6900-410-71-01 (Contingency fund) to Account No. 101-0101-411-5245 (Board of Supervisors Special) for equipment, supply, and project needs for Yuba County Senior Center. (Finance and Administration Committee Recommends approval) (Five minute estimate) (07-555)
2. Approve terms between private landowners and County that will amend the Second Funding Agreement; authorize staff to initiate process to form a Community Facilities District within the Plumas Lake Specific Plan and North Arboga Study Area; authorize staff to continue work with Three Rivers Levee Improvement Authority to form an assessment district within the boundaries of Reclamation District 784; and adopt resolution approving proposal to amend Second Agreement for Advanced Funding and Reimbursement of Costs for Levee Improvements, and authorize staff to initiate process for issuing debt not to exceed $30.7 million through the sale of Certificates of Participation. (30 minute estimate) (07-556)
VII. ORDINANCES AND PUBLIC HEARINGS: If you challenge in court the action or decision of the Yuba County Board of Supervisors regarding a zoning, planning, land use or environmental protection matter made at any public hearing described in this notice, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at such public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, such public hearing.
A. Public Hearing - Hold public hearing and adopt resolution calling Special Election within Improvement Areas A, B, and C of the County of Yuba Community Facilities District No. 2005-1 (Orchard/Montrose Public Improvements). (Ten minute estimate) (07-559)
VIII. CORRESPONDENCE - (07-560)
IX. BOARD AND STAFF MEMBERS’ REPORTS: This time is provided to allow Board and staff members to report on activities or to raise issues for placement on future agendas.
X. CLOSED SESSION: Any person desiring to comment on any matter scheduled for this closed session may address the Board at this time.
A. Threatened litigation pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(b) - Two Cases
B. Pending litigation pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) - Linda Fire Protection District vs. County of Yuba
1:00 P.M. YUBA COUNTY WATER AGENCY
3:30 P.M. THREE RIVERS LEVEE IMPROVEMENT AUTHORITY
10/4/07 Marysville City/County Liaison Committee - CANCELLED
4:30 P.M. City
Marysville, Ca 95901
In compliance with the American with
Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled
parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related
modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please
contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353
(fax). Requests must be made one
full business day before the start of the meeting. To place an item on the agenda, contact the
office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510.
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353 (fax). Requests must be made one full business day before the start of the meeting.
To place an item on the agenda, contact the office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510.
PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board of Supervisors on items not appearing on the agenda which are of interest to the public and are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board, provided that no action shall be taken unless otherwise authorized by law. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes.
AGENDA ITEMS: The opportunity of the public to be heard on an item shall be provided during the consideration of that item. In the interest of time, the Board has limited the length of such comment or input on each item to 15 minutes total, with a limit of no more than 5 minutes per person or group. The period for public comments on a particular item may be extended upon a majority vote of the Board. These time limits do not apply to applicants appearing before the Board on behalf of their applications.
ACTION ITEMS: All items on the Agenda under the headings “Consent,” “County Departments,” Ordinances and Public Hearings,” “Items of Public Interest,” and “Closed Session,” or any of them, are items on which the Board may take any action at this meetings.
PUBLIC HEARINGS: All members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board as to any item which is noticed on the Board's agenda as a public hearing. The Board has limited each person or group input to no more than 3 minutes. Any person or group may provide the Board with a written statement in lieu of or in supplement to any oral statement made during a public hearing. Written statements shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board.
ORDINANCES: Ordinances shall not be passed within five days of their introductions, nor at other than a regular meeting or at an adjourned regular meeting. The Board of Supervisors will address ordinances at first readings. The public is urged to address ordinances at first readings. Passage of ordinances will be held at second readings, after reading the title, further reading is waived and adoption of the ordinance is made by majority vote. An urgency ordinance may be passed immediately upon introduction. The Board reserves the right to amend any proposed ordinances and to hold a first reading in lieu of a second reading.
INFORMATIONAL CORRESPONDENCE: The Board may direct any item of informational correspondence to a department head for appropriate action.
SCHEDULED LUNCH BREAK: Between the hours of and and at the discretion of the Chair, the Board will recess one hour for lunch.
SPECIAL MEETINGS: No public comment shall be allowed during special meetings of the Board of Supervisors, except for items duly noticed on the agenda.
PUBLIC INFORMATION: Copies of §6.7 shall be posted along with agendas.