All meetings are located at:
unless otherwise indicated
July 15, 2008
2:00 P.M. THREE RIVERS LEVEE IMPROVEMENT AUTHORITY
3:00 P.M. THREE RIVERS LEVEE IMPROVEMENT AUTHORITY - FINAL BUDGET HEARINGS 2008/2009
9:15 A.M. YUBA COUNTY REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY
9:30 A.M. YUBA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS - Welcome to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors meeting. As a courtesy to others, please turn off cell phones, pagers, or other electronic devices, which might disrupt the meeting. Thank you.
I. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - Led by Supervisor Logue
II. ROLL CALL - Supervisors Logue, Nicoletti, Griego, Schrader, Stocker
III. CONSENT AGENDA: All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine and can be enacted in one motion.
A. County Counsel
1. Adopt resolution ordering Judicial Foreclosure of Delinquent Special Taxes pursuant to the Mello-Roos Community Facilities Act of 1982, order that the Tax Collector be credited with those taxes and authorizing retention of Special Counsel. (03-391)
B. District Attorney
1. Adopt resolution authorizing District Attorney to make application for funds to the Office of the Attorney General, on behalf of the County of Yuba, Pursuant to the California Spousal Abuser Prosecution Program Grant of 1994, and authorizing execution of agreements or amendments upon review and approval of County Counsel. (08-392)
2. Adopt resolution authorizing District Attorney to make application for funds to the Governor's Office of Emergency Services on behalf of the County of Yuba, Pursuant to the California Child Abuser Vertical Prosecution Program, and authorizing execution of agreements or amendments upon review and approval of County Counsel. (08-393)
C. Health and Human Services
1. Adopt resolution authorizing agreement with the California Department of Aging for the Multipurpose Senior Services Program for a two-year period of July 1, 2008 - June 30, 2010; and authorizing the Chairman to execute documents as required by this grant and to accept funds as recommended. (Health and Human Services Committee recommends approval) (08-394)
2. Adopt resolution authorizing Chairman to accept funds and execute documents as required by the California Department of Alcohol and Drug Programs for Substance Abuse and Crime Prevention Act funds for Fiscal Year 2008/2009. (Health and Human Services Committee recommends approval) (08-395)
1. Authorize Budget Transfer in the amount of $47,062 from Account No. 108-0000-371-98-99 (Miscellaneous Revenue) to various line items for appropriation of grant funds for operating expenses and equipment for Fiscal Year 2008/2009 Sexual Assault Felony Team, Region III Program. (08-397)
IV. SPECIAL PRESENTATION
Present joint proclamation to Art Aseltine for forty years of outstanding community service on the Local Agency Formation Commission from the County and the Cities of Marysville and Wheatland. (Ten minute estimate) (08-398)
V. PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Any person may speak about any subject of concern provided it is within the jurisdiction of the Board of Supervisors and is not already on today's agenda. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes. Prior to this time speakers must fill out a "Request to Speak" card and submit it to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors. Note: No Board action can be taken on comments made under this heading.
VI. COUNTY DEPARTMENTS
A. Administrative Services
VII. ORDINANCES AND PUBLIC HEARINGS: If you challenge in court the action or decision of the Yuba County Board of Supervisors regarding a zoning, planning, land use or environmental protection matter made at any public hearing described in this notice, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at such public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, such public hearing.
A. Public Hearing - Hold public hearing to receive comment for dispute of arrearages owed Yuba Sutter Disposal Incorporated and adopt resolution confirming report of delinquent accounts located in Olivehurst and Linda. (Ten minutes estimate) (08-400)
VIII. CORRESPONDENCE - (08-401)
IX. BOARD AND STAFF MEMBERS’ REPORTS: This time is provided to allow Board and staff members to report on activities or to raise issues for placement on future agendas.
X. CLOSED SESSION: Any person desiring to comment on any matter scheduled for this closed session may address the Board at this time.
A. Pending litigation pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) - Three Rivers Levee Improvement Authority vs. H & H Trenching.
10:30 A.M. Land Use and Public Works Committee - (Supervisors Logue and Stocker - Alternate Supervisor Nicoletti)
A. Consider agreement and resolution with continue sublease to Yuba Feather Community Services for Ponderosa Park site in Brownsville - Community Development and Services (Five minute estimate) (08-402)
Protective Inspection Committee - (Supervisors Griego and Nicoletti - Alternate Supervisor Schrader)
A. Consider resolution supporting United States Department of Agriculture and California Department of Food and Agriculture in eradication of the Light Brown Apple Moth (LBAM) - Agricultural Commissioner (Five minute estimate) (08-403)
PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board of Supervisors on items not appearing on the agenda which are of interest to the public and are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board, provided that no action shall be taken unless otherwise authorized by law. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes.
AGENDA ITEMS: The opportunity of the public to be heard on an item shall be provided during the consideration of that item. In the interest of time, the Board has limited the length of such comment or input on each item to 15 minutes total, with a limit of no more than 5 minutes per person or group. The period for public comments on a particular item may be extended upon a majority vote of the Board. These time limits do not apply to applicants appearing before the Board on behalf of their applications.
ACTION ITEMS: All items on the Agenda under the headings “Consent,” “County Departments,” Ordinances and Public Hearings,” “Items of Public Interest,” and “Closed Session,” or any of them, are items on which the Board may take any action at this meetings.
PUBLIC HEARINGS: All members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board as to any item which is noticed on the Board's agenda as a public hearing. The Board has limited each person or group input to no more than 3 minutes. Any person or group may provide the Board with a written statement in lieu of or in supplement to any oral statement made during a public hearing. Written statements shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board.
ORDINANCES: Ordinances shall not be passed within five days of their introductions, nor at other than a regular meeting or at an adjourned regular meeting. The Board of Supervisors will address ordinances at first readings. The public is urged to address ordinances at first readings. Passage of ordinances will be held at second readings, after reading the title, further reading is waived and adoption of the ordinance is made by majority vote. An urgency ordinance may be passed immediately upon introduction. The Board reserves the right to amend any proposed ordinances and to hold a first reading in lieu of a second reading.
INFORMATIONAL CORRESPONDENCE: The Board may direct any item of informational correspondence to a department head for appropriate action.
SCHEDULED LUNCH BREAK: Between the hours of and and at the discretion of the Chair, the Board will recess one hour for lunch.
SPECIAL MEETINGS: No public comment shall be allowed during special meetings of the Board of Supervisors, except for items duly noticed on the agenda.
PUBLIC INFORMATION: Copies of §6.7 shall be posted along with agendas.