Meetings are located at:
Yuba County Government Center
Board Chambers, 915 Eighth Street
August 12, 2008
1:30 P.M. YUBA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS FINAL BUDGET HEARINGS FISCAL YEAR 2008/2009
8:30 A.M. YUBA COUNTY WATER AGENCY
9:25 A.M. YUBA COUNTY HOUSING AUTHORITY
9:30 A.M. YUBA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS - Welcome to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors meeting. As a courtesy to others, please turn off cell phones, pagers, or other electronic devices, which might disrupt the meeting. Thank you.
I. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - Led by Supervisor Schrader
II. ROLL CALL - Supervisors Logue, Nicoletti, Griego, Schrader, Stocker
III. CONSENT AGENDA: All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine and can be enacted in one motion.
A. Administrative Services
1. Adopt resolution approving the 2008-2009 Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy Report and program projection for the Yuba-Sutter Economic Development District as prepared and recommended by the Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy Committee. (08-428)
C. Clerk of the Board of Supervisors
1. Approve minutes of the regular meeting and workshop of July 22, 2008.
D. Community Development and Services
1. Adopt resolutions approving applications for two Proposition 84 grants administered by Sierra Nevada Conservancy and authorize Public Works Director to submit and execute all necessary documents. (Land Use and Public Works Committee recommends approval) (08-429)
2. Authorize Budget Transfer in the total amount of $280,074.62 from Planning Department Trust Fund 255 to various funds in recognition of work performed and revenues earned for April through June, 2008. (08-430)
3. Approve three year agreement for professional services with Botanica Landscapes for landscape maintenance located within Yuba County right of ways and authorize Chairman to execute same.(Land Use and Public Works Committee recommends approval) (08-431)
E. Emergency Services
1. Adopt resolution authorizing Director of Emergency Services or his designee to execute and submit an application for Fiscal Year 2008 State Homeland Security Grant Program and follow through thereon. (Multi Jurisdictional Terrorism Task Force recommends approval) (08-432)
F. Health and Human Services
1. Approve agreement with The Regents of the University of California to provide human and social services training for Health and Human Services Department staff and authorize Chairman to execute same. (Human Services Committee recommends approval) (08-433)
ADDENDUM TO AGENDA - Add to Consent Agenda - Item F2 Health and Human Services
2. Adopt resolution establishing an Emergency Medical Fund to be knows as Richie's Fund and authorizing additional penalty assessment upon fines and penalties imposed for criminal offenses as revenues for this fund. (Human Services Committee recommends approval). (08-447)
IV. PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Any person may speak about any subject of concern provided it is within the jurisdiction of the Board of Supervisors and is not already on today's agenda. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes. Prior to this time speakers must fill out a "Request to Speak" card and submit it to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors. Note: No Board action can be taken on comments made under this heading.
V. COUNTY DEPARTMENTS
A. Community Development and Services
1. Adopt resolution to approve application to California State Department of Housing and Community Development for funding under the Home Investment Partnerships Program and authorize the execution of agreement, any amendments thereto and any related documents necessary by the Community Development and Services Agency Planning Director or the County Administrator, subject to review and approval of County Counsel. (Ten minute estimate) (08-435)
B. County Administrator
1. Adopt resolution authorizing Chairman to sign and accept proposal submitted by Siemens Water Technologies for a wastewater treatment plant which will serve the River Highlands Community Services District (Hammonton Gold Village). (08-436)
VI. ORDINANCES AND PUBLIC HEARINGS: If you challenge in court the action or decision of the Yuba County Board of Supervisors regarding a zoning, planning, land use or environmental protection matter made at any public hearing described in this notice, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at such public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, such public hearing.
A. Ordinance - Hold public hearing, waive reading, and introduce three ordinances related to Title XIII of the Yuba County Ordinance Code pertaining to Community Development and Services Agency Fees and Deferral of Certain Impact Fees and Title XI pertaining to timelines for map approvals. (Economic Development Strategic Planning Advisory Committee recommends approval) (Fifteen minute estimate) (08-437)
VII. CORRESPONDENCE - (08-440)
VIII. BOARD AND STAFF MEMBERS’ REPORTS: This time is provided to allow Board and staff members to report on activities or to raise issues for placement on future agendas.
IX. CLOSED SESSION: Any person desiring to comment on any matter scheduled for this closed session may address the Board at this time.
A. Pending litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(a) - State of California Ex rel. etc. vs. River Highlands Community Services District
B. Threatened litigation pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(b) - Three Cases
C. Pending litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(a) - Cunningham vs. County of Yuba
D. Pending litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(a) - Hernandez vs. County of Yuba
11:30 A.M. Land Use and Public Works Committee - (Supervisors Logue and Stocker - Alternate Supervisor Nicoletti)
A. Consider Amendment No. 1 to the Reimbursement Agreement with JTS (Master Developer) for the Country Club Estates project - Community Development and Services/Planning (Five minute estimate) (08-441)
Public Facilities Committee - (Supervisors Griego and Stocker- Alternate Supervisor Logue)
08/12/08 - 5:00 P.M. Wheatland City/County Liaison Committee - CANCELLED
Wheatland Community Center
101 C Street
08/13/08 - 3:00 P.M. Linda Liaison Committee - CANCELLED
Linda Fire Protection District
1286 Scales Avenue
ADDENDUM TO AGENDA
In compliance with the American with
Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled
parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related
modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please contact
the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353
(fax). Requests must be made one
full business day before the start of the meeting. To place an item on the agenda, contact the
office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510.
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353 (fax). Requests must be made one full business day before the start of the meeting.
To place an item on the agenda, contact the office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510.
PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board of Supervisors on items not appearing on the agenda which are of interest to the public and are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board, provided that no action shall be taken unless otherwise authorized by law. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes.
AGENDA ITEMS: The opportunity of the public to be heard on an item shall be provided during the consideration of that item. In the interest of time, the Board has limited the length of such comment or input on each item to 15 minutes total, with a limit of no more than 5 minutes per person or group. The period for public comments on a particular item may be extended upon a majority vote of the Board. These time limits do not apply to applicants appearing before the Board on behalf of their applications.
ACTION ITEMS: All items on the Agenda under the headings “Consent,” “County Departments,” Ordinances and Public Hearings,” “Items of Public Interest,” and “Closed Session,” or any of them, are items on which the Board may take any action at this meetings.
PUBLIC HEARINGS: All members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board as to any item which is noticed on the Board's agenda as a public hearing. The Board has limited each person or group input to no more than 3 minutes. Any person or group may provide the Board with a written statement in lieu of or in supplement to any oral statement made during a public hearing. Written statements shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board.
ORDINANCES: Ordinances shall not be passed within five days of their introductions, nor at other than a regular meeting or at an adjourned regular meeting. The Board of Supervisors will address ordinances at first readings. The public is urged to address ordinances at first readings. Passage of ordinances will be held at second readings, after reading the title, further reading is waived and adoption of the ordinance is made by majority vote. An urgency ordinance may be passed immediately upon introduction. The Board reserves the right to amend any proposed ordinances and to hold a first reading in lieu of a second reading.
INFORMATIONAL CORRESPONDENCE: The Board may direct any item of informational correspondence to a department head for appropriate action.
SCHEDULED LUNCH BREAK: Between the hours of and and at the discretion of the Chair, the Board will recess one hour for lunch.
SPECIAL MEETINGS: No public comment shall be allowed during special meetings of the Board of Supervisors, except for items duly noticed on the agenda.
PUBLIC INFORMATION: Copies of §6.7 shall be posted along with agendas.