All meetings are located at:
unless otherwise indicated
October 14, 2008
8:30 A.M. YUBA COUNTY WATER AGENCY
9:30 A.M. YUBA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS - Welcome to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors meeting. As a courtesy to others, please turn off cell phones, pagers, or other electronic devices, which might disrupt the meeting. Thank you.
I. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - Led by Supervisor Nicoletti
II. ROLL CALL - Supervisors Logue, Nicoletti, Griego, Schrader, Stocker
III. CONSENT AGENDA: All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine and can be enacted in one motion.
A. Clerk of the Board of Supervisors
B. County Administrator
1. Approve agreement with Donald K. Wahlberg, Jr. and Geoffrey Wander for 1st Conflict Public Defender Services for legal representation of indigent persons and authorize Chairman to execute same. (08-546)
C. Health and Human Services
1. Approve Children's Medical Services (CMS) Plan Guidelines for Fiscal Year 2008-2009 and authorize Chairman to execute CMS Certification Statement. (Human Services Committee recommends approval) (08-548)
D. Personnel/Risk Management / Sheriff-Coroner
1. Adopt resolutions amending the Departmental Position Allocation Schedule and the Classification System-Basic Salary/Hourly Schedule as they relate to the Sheriff's Department Legal Specialist and Communications and Records Supervisor effective July 1, 2008. (Finance and Administration Committee recommends approval) (08-549)
1. Approve Memorandum of Understanding with Office of Education to provide vocational educational programs for inmates at the Yuba County Jail for Fiscal Year 2008-2009 and authorize Chairman to execute same. (08-550)
F. Treasurer-Tax Collector
1. Authorize sell at public auction of tax defaulted properties subject to the power to sale in accordance with Chapter 7 of Part 6 of Division 1 of the California Revenue and Taxation Code and approve to re-offer any unsold parcel at a reduced minimum price that the Tax Collector deems appropriate. (08-551)
IV. SPECIAL PRESENTATION
A. Present proclamation honoring International Credit Union Day. (Five minute estimate) (08-552)
V. PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Any person may speak about any subject of concern provided it is within the jurisdiction of the Board of Supervisors and is not already on today's agenda. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes. Prior to this time speakers must fill out a "Request to Speak" card and submit it to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors. Note: No Board action can be taken on comments made under this heading.
VI. ITEM OF PUBLIC INTEREST
VII. COUNTY DEPARTMENTS
A. Administrative Services
B. Clerk of the Board of Supervisors
C. County Administrator
D. District Attorney
1. Authorize the creation of Budget Account Nos. 101-2400-421-16-01 (Per Diem Fees) and 101-2400-421-23-01(Professional Services), and authorize Contingency Fund Transfer in the total amount of $16,000 to Account No. 101-2400-421-16-01 (Per Diem Fees) for $7,000 and Account No. 101-2400-421-23-01 (Professional Services) for $9,000 to fund costs associated with the Criminal Grand Jury. (Five minute estimate) (08-557)
E. Community Development and Services
VIII. CORRESPONDENCE - (08-558)
IX. BOARD AND STAFF MEMBERS’ REPORTS: This time is provided to allow Board and staff members to report on activities or to raise issues for placement on future agendas.
11:30 A.M. Land Use and Public Works Committee - (Supervisors Logue and Stocker - Alternate Supervisor Nicoletti)
A. Consider ordinance repealing and re-enacting as amended Title X, Chapter 10.05, Section 10.05.095 of the Yuba County Ordinance Code relating to Administrative Provisions - Community Development and Services/Building Department (Five minute estimate) (08-559)
Human Services Committee - (Supervisors Stocker and Griego - Alternate Supervisor Nicoletti)
A. Consider approval of the California Department of Veteran Affairs (CDVA) Subvention and Medi-Cal Certificates of Compliance for Fiscal Year 2008/2009 - Health and Human Services (Ten minute estimate) (08-560)
10-14-08 5:00 P.M. Wheatland City/County Liaison Committee - CANCELLED
Wheatland Community Center
101 C Street
In compliance with the American with
Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled
parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related
modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please
contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353
(fax). Requests must be made one
full business day before the start of the meeting. To place an item on the agenda, contact the
office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510.
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353 (fax). Requests must be made one full business day before the start of the meeting.
To place an item on the agenda, contact the office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510.
PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board of Supervisors on items not appearing on the agenda which are of interest to the public and are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board, provided that no action shall be taken unless otherwise authorized by law. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes.
AGENDA ITEMS: The opportunity of the public to be heard on an item shall be provided during the consideration of that item. In the interest of time, the Board has limited the length of such comment or input on each item to 15 minutes total, with a limit of no more than 5 minutes per person or group. The period for public comments on a particular item may be extended upon a majority vote of the Board. These time limits do not apply to applicants appearing before the Board on behalf of their applications.
ACTION ITEMS: All items on the Agenda under the headings “Consent,” “County Departments,” Ordinances and Public Hearings,” “Items of Public Interest,” and “Closed Session,” or any of them, are items on which the Board may take any action at this meetings.
PUBLIC HEARINGS: All members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board as to any item which is noticed on the Board's agenda as a public hearing. The Board has limited each person or group input to no more than 3 minutes. Any person or group may provide the Board with a written statement in lieu of or in supplement to any oral statement made during a public hearing. Written statements shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board.
ORDINANCES: Ordinances shall not be passed within five days of their introductions, nor at other than a regular meeting or at an adjourned regular meeting. The Board of Supervisors will address ordinances at first readings. The public is urged to address ordinances at first readings. Passage of ordinances will be held at second readings, after reading the title, further reading is waived and adoption of the ordinance is made by majority vote. An urgency ordinance may be passed immediately upon introduction. The Board reserves the right to amend any proposed ordinances and to hold a first reading in lieu of a second reading.
INFORMATIONAL CORRESPONDENCE: The Board may direct any item of informational correspondence to a department head for appropriate action.
SCHEDULED LUNCH BREAK: Between the hours of and and at the discretion of the Chair, the Board will recess one hour for lunch.
SPECIAL MEETINGS: No public comment shall be allowed during special meetings of the Board of Supervisors, except for items duly noticed on the agenda.
PUBLIC INFORMATION: Copies of §6.7 shall be posted along with agendas.