All meetings are located at:
unless otherwise indicated
February 10, 2009
8:30 A.M. YUBA COUNTY WATER AGENCY
9:30 A.M. YUBA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS - Welcome to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors meeting. As a courtesy to others, please turn off cell phones, pagers, or other electronic devices, which might disrupt the meeting. Thank you.
I. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - Led by Supervisor Griego
II. ROLL CALL - Supervisors Nicoletti, Griego, Abe, Stocker
III. CONSENT AGENDA: All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine and can be enacted in one motion.
A. Administrative Services
1. Adopt resolution authorizing the County Administrator to file an application with the Federal Aviation Administration on behalf of the Airport for a grant under the Airport Improvement Program in an amount not to exceed $276,000. (09-056)
2. Approve extension of current agreement with Master Van and Storage for Yuba County Elections Drayage services and authorize Chairman to execute same. (Public Facilities Committee recommends approval) (09-057)
B. Board of Supervisors
C. Clerk of the Board of Supervisors
2. Approve minutes for the regular meeting of January 27, 2009.
D. Community Development and Services
2. Adopt resolution approving the Memorandum of Understanding between the County and Olivehurst Public Utility District which establishes a change in the share of property tax as it applies to County Service Area No. 48, California Heartlands Subdivision, wherein the district assumes the responsibility for the operation and maintenance, including the payment of electrical bills; and authorizing County Administrator to execute same. (09-061)
E. Emergency Services
1. Approve Memorandum of Understanding with Sierra Sacramento Valley Emergency Medical Services for local agency coordination; authorize the Chairman to execute same; and authorize a Budget Transfer in the amount of $10,530 from Account No. 101-0000-361-58-06 to Account No. 101-4200-421-28-04 to facilitate Hospital Preparedness Program Grant. (Protective Inspection Committee recommends approval) (09-062)
IV. PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Any person may speak about any subject of concern provided it is within the jurisdiction of the Board of Supervisors and is not already on today's agenda. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes. Prior to this time speakers are requested to fill out a "Request to Speak" card and submit it to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors. Please note: No Board action can be taken on comments made under this heading.
V. COUNTY DEPARTMENTS
A. Community Development and Services
1. Approve selection of Yuba Sutter United Way as the County's agent to provide three years of recreational program services for families with children aged 0 to 3 years. (Land Use and Public Works Recommends approval) (Fifteen minute estimate) (09-063)
VI. ORDINANCES AND PUBLIC HEARINGS: If you challenge in court the action or decision of the Yuba County Board of Supervisors regarding a zoning, planning, land use or environmental protection matter made at any public hearing described in this notice, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at such public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, such public hearing.
B. Public Hearing - Hold public hearing and adopt resolution approving an amendment to Reclamation District No. 784 Conflict of Interest Code and directing the Clerk of the Board to notify the district of the Board's approval. (County Counsel) (Two minute estimate) (09-066)
VII. CORRESPONDENCE - 09-068
VIII. BOARD AND STAFF MEMBERS’ REPORTS: This time is provided to allow Board and staff members to report on activities or to raise issues for placement on future agendas.
IX. CLOSED SESSION: Any person desiring to comment on any matter scheduled for this closed session may address the Board at this time.
A. Threatened litigation pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(b) - Late Claim Application
B. Pending litigation pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) - Crawford vs. County of Yuba
C. Potential litigation pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(b) - Two Cases
D. Personnel pursuant to Government Code §54957 - Labor Negotiations - DSA/MSA/YCEA/Unrepresented and County of Yuba
02/10/09 - 5:00 P.M. Wheatland City/County Liaison Committee
Wheatland City Hall
111 C Street
A. Bear River
B. Committee Meeting Schedule
C. Committee Members' Reports/Other Discussion
In compliance with the American with
Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled
parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related
modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please
contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353
(fax). Requests must be made one
full business day before the start of the meeting. To place an item on the agenda, contact the
office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510.
PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board of Supervisors on items not appearing on the agenda which are of interest to the public and are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board, provided that no action shall be taken unless otherwise authorized by law. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes.
AGENDA ITEMS: The opportunity of the public to be heard on an item shall be provided during the consideration of that item. In the interest of time, the Board has limited the length of such comment or input on each item to 15 minutes total, with a limit of no more than 5 minutes per person or group. The period for public comments on a particular item may be extended upon a majority vote of the Board. These time limits do not apply to applicants appearing before the Board on behalf of their applications.
ACTION ITEMS: All items on the Agenda under the headings “Consent,” “County Departments,” Ordinances and Public Hearings,” “Items of Public Interest,” and “Closed Session,” or any of them, are items on which the Board may take any action at this meetings.
PUBLIC HEARINGS: All members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board as to any item which is noticed on the Board's agenda as a public hearing. The Board has limited each person or group input to no more than 3 minutes. Any person or group may provide the Board with a written statement in lieu of or in supplement to any oral statement made during a public hearing. Written statements shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board.
ORDINANCES: Ordinances shall not be passed within five days of their introductions, nor at other than a regular meeting or at an adjourned regular meeting. The Board of Supervisors will address ordinances at first readings. The public is urged to address ordinances at first readings. Passage of ordinances will be held at second readings, after reading the title, further reading is waived and adoption of the ordinance is made by majority vote. An urgency ordinance may be passed immediately upon introduction. The Board reserves the right to amend any proposed ordinances and to hold a first reading in lieu of a second reading.
INFORMATIONAL CORRESPONDENCE: The Board may direct any item of informational correspondence to a department head for appropriate action.
SCHEDULED LUNCH BREAK: Between the hours of and and at the discretion of the Chair, the Board will recess one hour for lunch.
SPECIAL MEETINGS: No public comment shall be allowed during special meetings of the Board of Supervisors, except for items duly noticed on the agenda.
PUBLIC INFORMATION: Copies of §6.7 shall be posted along with agendas.