All meetings are located at:
unless otherwise indicated
April 7, 2009
9:00 A.M. YUBA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS SPECIAL MEETING - No other business shall be conducted at this meeting. The public shall have an opportunity to address the Board of Supervisors only with respect to items set forth in this agenda. Each individual or group will be limited to no more than five minutes. Prior to this time, speakers must fill out a "Request to Speak" card and submit it to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors.
I. ROLL CALL - Supervisors Nicoletti, Griego, Abe, Stocker
II. CLOSED SESSION: Any person desiring to comment on any matter scheduled for this closed session may address the Board at this time.
Personnel pursuant to Government Code §54957 - County Counsel Interviews and Deliberation
1:00 P.M. YUBA COUNTY WATER AGENCY - CANCELLED
3:30 P.M. THREE RIVERS LEVEE IMPROVEMENT AUTHORITY - CANCELLED
6:00 P.M. YUBA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS - Welcome to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors meeting. As a courtesy to others, please turn off cell phones, pagers, or other electronic devices, which might disrupt the meeting. Thank you.
I. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - Led by Supervisor Griego
II. ROLL CALL - Supervisors Nicoletti, Griego, Abe, Stocker
III. CONSENT AGENDA: All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine and can be enacted in one motion.
A. Administrative Services
1. Declare property as surplus property and authorize the Purchasing Agent to dispose of in accordance with Yuba County Ordinance Code 2.50.060. (Public Facilities Committee recommends approval) (09-141)
2. Adopt resolution authorizing the submittal of an application, acceptance of an allocation of funds, and execution of a grant agreement with the California Department of Transportation for an Airport Improvement Program (AIP) Matching Grant, and authorizing the County Administrative Officer to execute any documents. (09-142)
B. Clerk of the Board of Supervisors
1. Approve minutes of the regular meetings of March 10, 17, and 24, 2009.
C. Community Development and Services
1. Approve Memorandum of Understanding with County of Sutter regarding costs sharing for development of Yuba Sutter Regional Habitat Conservation Plan/Natural Community Conservation Plan. (Land Use and Public Works Committee recommends approval) (09-147)
3. Award contract to Teichert Construction, apparent low bidder, for the Marysville Road Turn-lane Project from Fruitland Road to Gettys Court and authorize Chairman to execute upon submittal and approval of County Counsel. (09-149)
D. County Administrator
1. Approve out-of-state travel for Deputy County Administrator-Emergency Services and Emergency Services Officer to participate in Incident Command System (ICS) 300/400 train-the trainer certification training at the United States Department of Homeland Security (USDHS) Emergency Training Center in Emmitsburg, MD, April 27 - May 1, 2009. (09-150)
ADDENDUM TO AGENDA – ADD THE FOLLOWING TO CONSENT AGENDA
2. Accept grant in the amount of $80,000 from Yuba County Water Agency to assist funding a Regional Wastewater Treatment Feasibility Study and authorize Chairman to execute all related documents as required upon review and approval of County Counsel. (09-151)
E. Fish and Game Advisory Commission
F. Health and Human Services
1. Approve Amendment No. 2 to the Memorandum of Understanding with the California Statewide Automated Welfare System Consortium and authorize Chairman to execute same. (Human Services Committee recommends approval) (09-153)
ADDENDUM TO AGENDA – ADD THE FOLLOWING TO CONSENT AGENDA
G. Emergency Services
1. Approve amendment to agreement with City of Yuba City for operation and maintenance of wastewater treatment plant that services Gold Village sub-division and authorize Chairman to execute same. (09-164)
IV. SPECIAL PRESENTATION
A. Present proclamation to Casa de Esperanza proclaiming April Child Abuse Prevention Month. (Shelter Manager Emma Gee) (09-154)
V. PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Any person may speak about any subject of concern provided it is within the jurisdiction of the Board of Supervisors and is not already on today's agenda. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes. Prior to this time speakers are requested to fill out a "Request to Speak" card and submit it to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors. Please note: No Board action can be taken on comments made under this heading.
VI. COUNTY DEPARTMENTS
A. Administrative Services/County Administrator
VII. CORRESPONDENCE - (09-156)
VIII. BOARD AND STAFF MEMBERS’ REPORTS: This time is provided to allow Board and staff members to report on activities or to raise issues for placement on future agendas.
IX. CLOSED SESSION: Any person desiring to comment on any matter scheduled for this closed session may address the Board at this time.
A. Personnel pursuant to Government Code §54957 - Labor Negotiations - DDA/MSA/YCEA and County of Yuba
B. Pending litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(a) - State of California Ex rel. etc. vs. River Highlands Community Services District
C. Personnel pursuant to Government Code §54957 - County Administrator Evaluation
2:00 P.M. Finance and Administration Committee - (Supervisors Nicoletti and Griego - Alternate Supervisor Abe)
A. Consider ordinance repealing and re-enacting Chapters 13.00.030 et. Seq. and chapters 13.20.100 et. Seq. of the Yuba County Consolidated Fee Ordinance Code as it relates to Departmental fees - County Administrator (Ten minute estimate) (09-157)
Law and Justice Committee - (Supervisors Nicoletti and Abe - Alternate Supervisor Stocker)
Protective Inspection Committee - (Supervisors Nicoletti and Abe - Alternate Supervisor Griego)
A. Consider funding levels for Title III projects available from the Secure Rural Schools and Community Self-Determination Act of 2000 (HR2389 Federal Forest Reserve) - Agricultural Commissioner (Five minute estimate) (09-160)
B. Consider resolution authorizing an agreement between the County of Glenn and the County of Yuba to supply consulting, programming, and maintenance services for the permit AG/GIS pesticide permitting project for Glenn County - Agricultural Commissioner (Five minute estimate) (09-161)
C. Consider resolution authorizing the Agricultural Commissioner to execute certain contracts/agreements for Fiscal Year 2009/2010 as listed - Agricultural Commissioner (Five minute estimate) (09-162)
Public Facilities Committee - (Supervisors Griego and Stocker - Alternate Supervisor Nicoletti)
In compliance with the American with
Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled
parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related
modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please contact
the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353
(fax). Requests must be made one
full business day before the start of the meeting. To place an item on the agenda, contact the
office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510.
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353 (fax). Requests must be made one full business day before the start of the meeting.
To place an item on the agenda, contact the office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510.
PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board of Supervisors on items not appearing on the agenda which are of interest to the public and are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board, provided that no action shall be taken unless otherwise authorized by law. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes.
AGENDA ITEMS: The opportunity of the public to be heard on an item shall be provided during the consideration of that item. In the interest of time, the Board has limited the length of such comment or input on each item to 15 minutes total, with a limit of no more than 5 minutes per person or group. The period for public comments on a particular item may be extended upon a majority vote of the Board. These time limits do not apply to applicants appearing before the Board on behalf of their applications.
ACTION ITEMS: All items on the Agenda under the headings “Consent,” “County Departments,” Ordinances and Public Hearings,” “Items of Public Interest,” and “Closed Session,” or any of them, are items on which the Board may take any action at this meetings.
PUBLIC HEARINGS: All members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board as to any item which is noticed on the Board's agenda as a public hearing. The Board has limited each person or group input to no more than 3 minutes. Any person or group may provide the Board with a written statement in lieu of or in supplement to any oral statement made during a public hearing. Written statements shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board.
ORDINANCES: Ordinances shall not be passed within five days of their introductions, nor at other than a regular meeting or at an adjourned regular meeting. The Board of Supervisors will address ordinances at first readings. The public is urged to address ordinances at first readings. Passage of ordinances will be held at second readings, after reading the title, further reading is waived and adoption of the ordinance is made by majority vote. An urgency ordinance may be passed immediately upon introduction. The Board reserves the right to amend any proposed ordinances and to hold a first reading in lieu of a second reading.
INFORMATIONAL CORRESPONDENCE: The Board may direct any item of informational correspondence to a department head for appropriate action.
SCHEDULED LUNCH BREAK: Between the hours of and and at the discretion of the Chair, the Board will recess one hour for lunch.
SPECIAL MEETINGS: No public comment shall be allowed during special meetings of the Board of Supervisors, except for items duly noticed on the agenda.
PUBLIC INFORMATION: Copies of §6.7 shall be posted along with agendas.