All meetings are located at:
unless otherwise indicated
July 14, 2009
8:30 A.M. YUBA COUNTY WATER AGENCY
9:15 A.M. YUBA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS - SPECIAL MEETING
I. ROLL CALL - Supervisors Vasquez, Nicoletti, Griego, Abe, Stocker
II. PUBLIC HEARING: If you challenge in court the action or decision of the Yuba County Board of Supervisors regarding a zoning, planning, land use or environmental protection matter made at any public hearing described in this notice, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at such public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, such public hearing.
III. Public Hearing - Hold public hearing and adopt resolution to approve an application and contract execution for funding from the 2009-10 General Allocation of the State Community Development Block Grant Program; authorize the execution of a grant agreement and any amendments thereto with the State of California for the purpose of this grant. (09-313)
IV. ADJOURN TO REGULAR MEETING AT 9:30 A.M.
9:25 A.M. YUBA COUNTY IN HOME SUPPORTIVE SERVICES PUBLIC AUTHORITY SPECIAL MEETING
9:30 A.M. YUBA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS - Welcome to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors meeting. As a courtesy to others, please turn off cell phones, pagers, or other electronic devices, which might disrupt the meeting. Thank you.
I. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - Led by Supervisor Stocker
II. ROLL CALL - Supervisors Vasquez, Nicoletti, Griego, Abe, Stocker
III. CONSENT AGENDA: All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine and can be enacted in one motion.
A. Administrative Services
1. Approve agreements with Best Contracting Services, Inc. for Juvenile Hall roof replacement and D7 Roofing Services, Inc. for Library roof replacement and authorize the Chairman to execute same. (Public Facilities Committee recommends approval) (09-314)
ADDENDUM TO AGENDA - ADD THE FOLLOWING TO CONSENT AGENDA – Administrative Services
2. Approve agreement with FusionStorm as consultant to provide Active Directory Migration Services related to updating the County's server and voice mail system and authorize the Chairman to execute same. (09-334)
B. Clerk of the Board of Supervisors
C. Community Development and Services
1. Approve reimbursement agreements with John Mourier Construction, Inc., and Woodside Montrose Inc., for eligible transportation facilities in the East Linda Specific Plan and authorize the Chairman to execute same. (Land Use and Public Works recommends approval) (09-316)
D. Emergency Services
1. Adopt a resolution authorizing Director of Emergency Services or his designee to execute and submit a grant application for Fiscal Year 2009 Homeland and Security Grant Program and follow through hereon. (09-317)
E. Health and Human Services
1. Adopt resolution to authorize the Yuba County Health and Human Services Department to apply to the California Department of Alcohol and Drug Programs for Substance Abuse Offender Treatment Programs Funds for the period of July 1, 2009 through June 30, 2010, and further authorize Chairman to execute documents as required by the application, the resultant grant, and any pertinent documents related to this program, and to accept funds. (Human Services Committee recommends approval) (09-318)
2. Adopt resolution to authorize Chairman to execute documents as required by the California Department of Alcohol and Drug Programs for Substance Abuse and Crime Prevention Act of 2000 Funds for the period of July 1, 2009 through June 30, 2010, and any pertinent documents related to this program, and the acceptance of funds. (Human Services Committee recommends approval) (09-319)
F. Local Agency Formation Commission
IV. SPECIAL PRESENTATION
V. PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Any person may speak about any subject of concern provided it is within the jurisdiction of the Board of Supervisors and is not already on today's agenda. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes. Prior to this time speakers are requested to fill out a "Request to Speak" card and submit it to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors. Please note: No Board action can be taken on comments made under this heading.
VI. COUNTY DEPARTMENTS
A. County Administrator
1. Receive presentation of County's Draft Strategic Plan consisting of Vision, Statement of Commitment, Guiding Principles and Strategic Priorities and provide direction as appropriate. (Ten minute estimate) (09-324)
B. Treasurer-Tax Collector
2. Adopt resolution authorizing the issuance and sale of Marysville Joint Unified School District, General Obligation Bonds, Election 2008, Series 2009 in an amount not to exceed the aggregate amount of $47,000,000. (Five minute estimate) (09-326)
VII. ORDINANCES AND PUBLIC HEARINGS: If you challenge in court the action or decision of the Yuba County Board of Supervisors regarding a zoning, planning, land use or environmental protection matter made at any public hearing described in this notice, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at such public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, such public hearing.
A. Ordinance - Hold public hearing, waive reading and adopt ordinance approving a minor County boundary adjustment between Placer County and Yuba County related to the Bear River Hop Farm. (Land Use and Public Works Committee recommends approval) (Ten minute estimate) (09-327)
B. Public Hearing - Hold public hearing and adopt resolution confirming report of delinquent solid waste collection charges and order of assessment related to Yuba Sutter Disposal, Inc. (Fifteen minute estimate) (09-328)
VIII. CORRESPONDENCE - (09-329)
IX. BOARD AND STAFF MEMBERS’ REPORTS: This time is provided to allow Board and staff members to report on activities or to raise issues for placement on future agendas.
X. CLOSED SESSION: Any person desiring to comment on any matter scheduled for this closed session may address the Board at this time.
A. Personnel pursuant to Government Code §54957 - Personnel Appeal in the matter of S.H.
B. Personnel pursuant to Government Code §54957 - Public Appointment/Public Guardian
C. Personnel pursuant to Government Code §54957(a) - Labor Negotiations - DDA/DSA/MSA/YCEA/Unrepresented and County of Yuba
2:00 P.M. THREE RIVERS LEVEE IMPROVEMENT AUTHORITY SPECIAL MEETING
11:45 A.M. Finance and Administration Committee - (Supervisors Nicoletti and Griego - Alternate Supervisor Abe)
Public Facilities Committee - (Supervisors Griego and Vasquez - Alternate Supervisor Nicoletti)
Human Services Committee - (Supervisors Stocker and Vasquez - Alternate Supervisor Abe)
A. Consider agreement with Yuba College for learning disability assessment and counseling services for the Cal WORKs program in the amount of $50,000 per fiscal year - Health and Human Services (Ten minute estimate) (09-332)
B. Consider resolution authorizing the Yuba County Library to apply to the First Five Yuba Commission for the funding of Spanish and Bilingual materials and authorizing the Chairman to execute documents as required by the grant - Library (Five minute estimate) (09-333)
07/14/09 - 5:00 P.M. Wheatland City/County Liaison Committee - CANCELLED
Wheatland City Hall
111 C Street
07/15/09 - 5:00 P.M. Linda Liaison Committee Special Meeting
Linda Fire Protection District
1286 Scales Avenue
A. North Beale Road/Federal Stimulus Grant Funding
B. New Business Meeting
C. Business Development on North Beale Road and Lindhurst Avenue
D. Committee Member's Reports/Other Discussion
In compliance with the American with
Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled
parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related
modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please
contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353
(fax). Requests must be made one
full business day before the start of the meeting. To place an item on the agenda, contact the
office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510.
PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board of Supervisors on items not appearing on the agenda which are of interest to the public and are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board, provided that no action shall be taken unless otherwise authorized by law. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes.
AGENDA ITEMS: The opportunity of the public to be heard on an item shall be provided during the consideration of that item. In the interest of time, the Board has limited the length of such comment or input on each item to 15 minutes total, with a limit of no more than 5 minutes per person or group. The period for public comments on a particular item may be extended upon a majority vote of the Board. These time limits do not apply to applicants appearing before the Board on behalf of their applications.
ACTION ITEMS: All items on the Agenda under the headings “Consent,” “County Departments,” Ordinances and Public Hearings,” “Items of Public Interest,” and “Closed Session,” or any of them, are items on which the Board may take any action at this meetings.
PUBLIC HEARINGS: All members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board as to any item which is noticed on the Board's agenda as a public hearing. The Board has limited each person or group input to no more than 3 minutes. Any person or group may provide the Board with a written statement in lieu of or in supplement to any oral statement made during a public hearing. Written statements shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board.
ORDINANCES: Ordinances shall not be passed within five days of their introductions, nor at other than a regular meeting or at an adjourned regular meeting. The Board of Supervisors will address ordinances at first readings. The public is urged to address ordinances at first readings. Passage of ordinances will be held at second readings, after reading the title, further reading is waived and adoption of the ordinance is made by majority vote. An urgency ordinance may be passed immediately upon introduction. The Board reserves the right to amend any proposed ordinances and to hold a first reading in lieu of a second reading.
INFORMATIONAL CORRESPONDENCE: The Board may direct any item of informational correspondence to a department head for appropriate action.
SCHEDULED LUNCH BREAK: Between the hours of and and at the discretion of the Chair, the Board will recess one hour for lunch.
SPECIAL MEETINGS: No public comment shall be allowed during special meetings of the Board of Supervisors, except for items duly noticed on the agenda.
PUBLIC INFORMATION: Copies of §6.7 shall be posted along with agendas.