Meetings are located at:
Yuba County Government Center
Board Chambers, 915 Eighth Street
December 8, 2009
8:30 A.M. YUBA COUNTY WATER AGENCY
9:30 A.M. YUBA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS - Welcome to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors meeting. As a courtesy to others, please turn off cell phones, pagers, or other electronic devices, which might disrupt the meeting. Thank you.
I. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - Led by Supervisor Nicoletti
II. ROLL CALL - Supervisors Vasquez, Nicoletti, Griego, Abe, Stocker
III. CONSENT AGENDA: All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine and can be enacted in one motion.
A. Clerk of the Board of Supervisors
1. Approve minutes of the regular meeting of November 17, 2009. (09-568)
1. Adopt resolution to authorize the Yuba County Clerk-Recorder Registrar of Voters to enter into agreement with the California Secretary of State for Vote Grant Program and authorize Clerk-Recorder Registrar of Voters to execute documents as required by the grant and any pertinent documents related to this program and authorize acceptance of funds. (09-569)
C. Community Development and Services
1. Approve lease agreement for the Gold Village wastewater treatment plant between River Highlands Community Service District, Gold Village Development, LLC and the County of Yuba and authorize the Chairman to execute same. (09-570)
ADDENDUM TO AGENDA:
2. Adopt resolution accepting the California Fire Safe Council Grant 10USFS-ES432 for fuel reduction on county roads and authorizing the Public Works Director to sign the grant agreement and any related documents. (09-583)
D. District Attorney
1. Authorize the District Attorney to destroy closed misdemeanor files older than three years and closed felony files older than five years, that fall outside of the retention mandate of Penal Code §290.8. (09-571)
E. Emergency Services
1. Approve out of state travel for Information Technology and Sheriff's office staff to attend Radio Technical Subscriber Academy training in Chicago, IL January 25 - 29, 2010, funded by the Public Safety Interoperability Communications Grant. (09-572)
F. Health and Human Services
1. Adopt resolution approving the 2010-2013 Comprehensive Tobacco control plan for Yuba County's tobacco use prevention education program and authorizing the Chairman to execute the acceptance of allocation agreement and any pertinent documents related to this program and to authorize the acceptance of funds. (Human Services Committee recommends approval) (09-573)
G. Treasurer-Tax Collector
IV. PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Any person may speak about any subject of concern provided it is within the jurisdiction of the Board of Supervisors and is not already on today's agenda. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes. Prior to this time speakers are requested to fill out a "Request to Speak" card and submit it to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors. Please note: No Board action can be taken on comments made under this heading.
V. COUNTY DEPARTMENTS
A. Board of Supervisors
1. Reconsider authorization of reimbursement of expenses in the amount of $1,520.05 for Chairman Nicoletti's out of state travel on October 23-25 to present proclamation to Cotton Rosser at his induction to the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum Rodeo Hall of Fame which was approved on November 10, 2009. (09-532)
B. Administrative Services
1. Adopt resolution approving a geographic expansion to the Boundaries of the Yuba-Sutter Enterprise zone identified as YSEZ Expansion No. 1. (Public Facilities Committee recommends approval) (Fifteen minute estimate) (09-575)
2. Adopt resolution approving the leasing of a portion of the Allyn Scot Community Center for the purpose of relocating the Yuba County Senior Center and authorizing the Chairman of the Board to execute a lease agreement, subject to the prior approval of County Counsel. (09-576)
C. Treasurer-Tax Collector
1. Approve engagement letter for performance of exit audit of outgoing Treasurer and Tax Collector with Gallina LLP Certified Public Accountants and authorize the Chairman to execute same. (Ten minute estimate) (09-577)
VI. ORDINANCES AND PUBLIC HEARINGS: If you challenge in court the action or decision of the Yuba County Board of Supervisors regarding a zoning, planning, land use or environmental protection matter made at any public hearing described in this notice, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at such public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, such public hearing.
A. Public Hearing - Hold public hearing and adopt findings of fact, conclusions of law and orders authorizing the assessment of administrative and abatement costs and penalties in the amount of $4,082.75 and the recording of a lien located at 7606 State Highway 70, Marysville (Heir, Pritam). (Ten minute estimate) (09-578)
C. Public Hearing - Adopt resolution adopting the North Beale Corridor Complete Streets and Revitalization Plan as a design guide to development of North Beale Road from Lindhurst Avenue to Linda Avenue. Hearing continued to December 15, 2009. No action to be taken.
VII. RECORD APPEAL
A. Record Appeal of the Planning Commission's determination on Conditional Use Permit in commercial zone district (LUC2009-0043) Dick Sanchez (Sanchez Truck Repair and Towing) and Denise Stark and take action as appropriate. Community Development and Services (Fifteen minute estimate) (09-580)
VIII. CORRESPONDENCE - (09-581)
IX. BOARD AND STAFF MEMBERS’ REPORTS: This time is provided to allow Board and staff members to report on activities or to raise issues for placement on future agendas.
11:30 A.M. Public Facilities Committee - (Supervisors Griego and Vasquez - Alternate Supervisor Nicoletti)
A. Consider resolution authorizing and approving the renaming of the conference rooms in the Yuba County Government Center to Honor the city of Marysville and the city of Wheatland. (Five minute estimate) (09-582)
12-8-09 5:00 P.M. Wheatland City/County Liaison Committee - CANCELLED
Wheatland City Hall
111 C Street
12-9-09 5:00 P.M. Linda Liaison Committee
Linda Fire Protection District
1286 Scales Avenue
A. North Beale Road Revitalization
B. Linda Business Directory
C. Other Reports
In compliance with the American with
Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled
parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related
modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please
contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353
(fax). Requests must be made one
full business day before the start of the meeting. To place an item on the agenda, contact the
office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510.
PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board of Supervisors on items not appearing on the agenda which are of interest to the public and are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board, provided that no action shall be taken unless otherwise authorized by law. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes.
AGENDA ITEMS: The opportunity of the public to be heard on an item shall be provided during the consideration of that item. In the interest of time, the Board has limited the length of such comment or input on each item to 15 minutes total, with a limit of no more than 5 minutes per person or group. The period for public comments on a particular item may be extended upon a majority vote of the Board. These time limits do not apply to applicants appearing before the Board on behalf of their applications.
ACTION ITEMS: All items on the Agenda under the headings “Consent,” “County Departments,” Ordinances and Public Hearings,” “Items of Public Interest,” and “Closed Session,” or any of them, are items on which the Board may take any action at this meetings.
PUBLIC HEARINGS: All members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board as to any item which is noticed on the Board's agenda as a public hearing. The Board has limited each person or group input to no more than 3 minutes. Any person or group may provide the Board with a written statement in lieu of or in supplement to any oral statement made during a public hearing. Written statements shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board.
ORDINANCES: Ordinances shall not be passed within five days of their introductions, nor at other than a regular meeting or at an adjourned regular meeting. The Board of Supervisors will address ordinances at first readings. The public is urged to address ordinances at first readings. Passage of ordinances will be held at second readings, after reading the title, further reading is waived and adoption of the ordinance is made by majority vote. An urgency ordinance may be passed immediately upon introduction. The Board reserves the right to amend any proposed ordinances and to hold a first reading in lieu of a second reading.
INFORMATIONAL CORRESPONDENCE: The Board may direct any item of informational correspondence to a department head for appropriate action.
SCHEDULED LUNCH BREAK: Between the hours of and and at the discretion of the Chair, the Board will recess one hour for lunch.
SPECIAL MEETINGS: No public comment shall be allowed during special meetings of the Board of Supervisors, except for items duly noticed on the agenda.
PUBLIC INFORMATION: Copies of §6.7 shall be posted along with agendas.