Meetings are located at:
Yuba County Government Center
Board Chambers, 915 Eighth Street
June 22, 2010
8:30 A.M. YUBA COUNTY WATER AGENCY
9:15 A.M. YUBA COUNTY IN HOME SUPPORTIVE SERVICES PUBLIC AUTHORITY
1. Roll Call - Directors Vasquez, Nicoletti, Griego, Abe, Stocker
2. Approve minutes of the special meeting of May 11, and June 1, 2010.
3. Approve addendum to Memorandum of Understanding with Service Employees International Union - UHW (SEIU-UHW) for the continuation of the current MOU for In Home Supportive Services providers through June 30, 2011.
9:25 AM YUBA COUNTY HOUSING AUTHORITY
9:30 A.M. YUBA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS - Welcome to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors meeting. As a courtesy to others, please turn off cell phones, pagers, or other electronic devices, which might disrupt the meeting. Thank you.
I. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - Led by Supervisor Abe
II. ROLL CALL - Supervisors Vasquez, Nicoletti, Griego, Abe, Stocker
III. CONSENT AGENDA: All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine and can be enacted in one motion.
A. Administrative Services
B. Board of Supervisors
C. Community Development and Services
1. Adopt resolution authorizing the Director of Environmental Health to apply for and enter into agreement with the State of California and to sign the grant agreement and any amendments thereto for implementation of AB 2286 Electronic Reporting for Fiscal Years 2009/2010 - 2010/2011. (Land Use and Public Works Committee recommends approval.) (284-10)
2. Adopt resolution authorizing the Director of Environmental Health to apply for and enter into agreement with the CUPA Forum Board Environmental Protection trust fund and to sign the grant agreement, and any amendments thereto for funds to purchase equipment for hazardous materials emergency response for Fiscal Years 2009-2010/2010-2011. (Land Use and Public Works Committee recommends approval.) (285-10)
3. Approve contract with Applied Engineering and Geology, Inc. for environmental consulting services under the approved Emergency Abandoned and Recalcitrant (EAR) Grant and authorize the Chair to execute same. (Land Use and Public Works committee recommends approval) (286-10)
D. County Administrator
E. Health and Human Services
1. Approve first amendment to the Memorandum of Understanding with Sutter-Yuba Mental Health for provision of mental health services for California Works Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs) participants and authorize the Chair to execute same. (Human Services Committee recommended approval) (289-10)
F. Treasurer-Tax Collector
IV. PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Any person may speak about any subject of concern provided it is within the jurisdiction of the Board of Supervisors and is not already on today's agenda. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes. Prior to this time speakers are requested to fill out a "Request to Speak" card and submit it to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors. Please note: No Board action can be taken on comments made under this heading.
V. COUNTY DEPARTMENTS
A. Board of Supervisors
1. Receive presentation and consider support of Promising Neighborhoods Grant Program. (No background material) (Ten minute estimate) (291-10)
B. Community Development and Services
1. Approve contract with Decade Software Company, LLC., for data management software and authorize the Chair to execute same; and authorize Budget Transfer n the amount of $27,000 from Account No. 101-0000-371-9899 (Miscellaneous) to Account No. 101-0000-371-8601 (Environmental Health Fees) to cover unreimbursed expenditures. (Ten minute estimate) (292-10)
2. Adopt resolution approving application for Proposition 84 nature education facility program funds to develop interpretive facilities at Sycamore Ranch. (Land use and Public Works Committee recommends approval) (Ten minute estimate) (293-10)
3. Approve memorandum of understanding with City of Wheatland for sharing costs for development of Yuba Sutter Regional Habitat Conservation Plan/Natural Community Conservation Plan and authorize Chair to execute same. (Five minute estimate) (294-10)
C. County Administrator
VI. ORDINANCES AND PUBLIC HEARINGS: If you challenge in court the action or decision of the Yuba County Board of Supervisors regarding a zoning, planning, land use or environmental protection matter made at any public hearing described in this notice, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at such public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, such public hearing.
A. Public Hearing - Hold public hearing to allow public comment on submittal of Community Development Block Grant application and adopt resolution to approve an application and contract execution for funding from the 2010-11 general allocation of the State CDBG program; authorize the execution of a grant agreement and any amendments thereto with the State of California for the purpose of this grant. (Ten minute estimate) (296-10)
VII. ITEM OF PUBLIC INTEREST
B. Consider request from Linda Lions Club to waive fees in the total amount of $445 for encroachment and vendor application fees associated with Hot Linda Nights Charity Cruise scheduled July 4, 2010. (Ten minute estimate) (298-10)
VIII. CORRESPONDENCE - (299-10)
IX. BOARD AND STAFF MEMBERS’ REPORTS: This time is provided to allow Board and staff members to report on activities or to raise issues for placement on future agendas.
X. CLOSED SESSION: Any person desiring to comment on any matter scheduled for this closed session may address the Board at this time.
A. Personnel pursuant to Government Code §54957(a) - Labor Negotiations - Deputy Sheriff's Association, Yuba County Employees Association, Management Supervisory Association (Law Enforcement), Deputy District Attorney's Association
B. Potential litigation pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(b) - Three Claims -Lopez/Angel/Garcia-Melgoza
C. Potential litigation pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(b) - One Case
XI. RECESS TO 1:30 P.M.
A. County Administrator
2. Consider and approve Side-Letter Agreements to existing Memorandums of Understanding for the Yuba County Deputy Sheriff's Association, Yuba County Sheriff's Management Supervisory Association and the Yuba County Deputy District Attorneys Association to be effective July 1, 2010 and authorize Chair to execute agreements. (Fifteen minute estimate) (301-10)
3. Receive proposed budget and adopt as interim spending plan for Fiscal Year 2010-2011; consider office hours for Assess or County Library; approve establishing a separate fund for General Reserves; approve position allocation changes, reductions in certain allocated position hours, and proposed layoffs effective July 1, 2010; and direct County Administrative Officer to continue implementation of hiring freeze and travel restrictions for all County Departments. (Twenty minute estimate) (302-10)
1:00 P.M. YUBA LEVEE FINANCING AUTHORITY - CANCELLED
In compliance with the American with
Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled
parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related
modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please contact
the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353
(fax). Requests must be made one
full business day before the start of the meeting. To place an item on the agenda, contact the
office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510.
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353 (fax). Requests must be made one full business day before the start of the meeting.
To place an item on the agenda, contact the office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510.
PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board of Supervisors on items not appearing on the agenda which are of interest to the public and are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board, provided that no action shall be taken unless otherwise authorized by law. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes.
AGENDA ITEMS: The opportunity of the public to be heard on an item shall be provided during the consideration of that item. In the interest of time, the Board has limited the length of such comment or input on each item to 15 minutes total, with a limit of no more than 5 minutes per person or group. The period for public comments on a particular item may be extended upon a majority vote of the Board. These time limits do not apply to applicants appearing before the Board on behalf of their applications.
ACTION ITEMS: All items on the Agenda under the headings “Consent,” “County Departments,” Ordinances and Public Hearings,” “Items of Public Interest,” and “Closed Session,” or any of them, are items on which the Board may take any action at this meetings.
PUBLIC HEARINGS: All members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board as to any item which is noticed on the Board's agenda as a public hearing. The Board has limited each person or group input to no more than 3 minutes. Any person or group may provide the Board with a written statement in lieu of or in supplement to any oral statement made during a public hearing. Written statements shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board.
ORDINANCES: Ordinances shall not be passed within five days of their introductions, nor at other than a regular meeting or at an adjourned regular meeting. The Board of Supervisors will address ordinances at first readings. The public is urged to address ordinances at first readings. Passage of ordinances will be held at second readings, after reading the title, further reading is waived and adoption of the ordinance is made by majority vote. An urgency ordinance may be passed immediately upon introduction. The Board reserves the right to amend any proposed ordinances and to hold a first reading in lieu of a second reading.
INFORMATIONAL CORRESPONDENCE: The Board may direct any item of informational correspondence to a department head for appropriate action.
SCHEDULED LUNCH BREAK: Between the hours of and and at the discretion of the Chair, the Board will recess one hour for lunch.
SPECIAL MEETINGS: No public comment shall be allowed during special meetings of the Board of Supervisors, except for items duly noticed on the agenda.
PUBLIC INFORMATION: Copies of §6.7 shall be posted along with agendas.