Meetings are located at:
Yuba County Government Center
Board Chambers, 915 Eighth Street
April 5, 2011
1:00 P.M. YUBA COUNTY WATER AGENCY CANCELLED
3:30 P.M. THREE RIVERS LEVEE IMPROVEMENT AUTHORITY
4:30 P.M. YUBA COUNTY IN HOME SUPPORTIVE SERVICES PUBLIC AUTHORITY SPECIAL MEETING
6:00 P.M. YUBA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS - Welcome to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors meeting. As a courtesy to others, please turn off cell phones, pagers, or other electronic devices, which might disrupt the meeting. Thank you.
I. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - Led by Supervisor Stocker
II. ROLL CALL - Supervisors Vasquez, Nicoletti, Griego, Abe, Stocker
III. CONSENT AGENDA: All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine and can be enacted in one motion.
A. Clerk of the Board of Supervisors
B. Community Development and Services
1. Adopt resolution authorizing the submission of the State CSBG Contract No. 11F-4255 regarding Community Services Block Grant amendments and authorizing the Execute Director to execute required documents to complete contract upon review and approval of Counsel. (137-11)
C. Health and Human Services
1. Approve Memorandum of Understanding with Sierra-Sacramento Valley Emergency Medical Services Agency for the provision of fiscal administrative services of the Hospital Preparedness Program funds and authorize the Chairman to execute same. (Human Services Committee recommends approval) (138-11)
1. Adopt resolution authorizing the Sheriff to execute the state application and agreement through the Department of Boating and Waterways for financial aid for the boating program fiscal year 2011/2012; and approve the contract with Department of Boating and Waterways and authorize the Chairman to execute same. (139-11)
IV. SPECIAL PRESENTATION
V. PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Any person may speak about any subject of concern provided it is within the jurisdiction of the Board of Supervisors and is not already on today's agenda. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes. Prior to this time speakers are requested to fill out a "Request to Speak" card and submit it to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors. Please note: No Board action can be taken on comments made under this heading.
VI. COUNTY DEPARTMENTS
A. Community Development and Services
1. Approve letter of support to Three Rivers Levee Improvement Authority regarding developing the Feather River Floodway for recreation use and authorize the Chairman to execute same. (Five minute estimate) (141-11)
2. Adopt resolution to approve application for grant funds from the Statewide Park program to acquire land and develop a community park in East Linda. (Land Use and Public Works Committee recommends approval) (Ten minute estimate) (142-11)
ADDENDUM TO AGENDA - ADD THE FOLLOWING TO COUNTY DEPARTMENTS:
B. County Administrator
1. Appoint Public Works Director Michael Lee as the Yuba County Surveyor retroactive to April 1, 2011 pursuant to Chapter 2.35 of the Yuba County Ordinance Code; authorize the County Administrator to amend Public Works Director employment agreement to reflect a five percent base pay salary increase; and authorize the Chairman to execute the amendment. (Ten minute estimate) (146-11)
VII. CORRESPONDENCE - (143-11)
VIII. BOARD AND STAFF MEMBERS’ REPORTS: This time is provided to allow Board and staff members to report on activities or to raise issues for placement on future agendas.
IX. CLOSED SESSION: Any person desiring to comment on any matter scheduled for this closed session may address the Board at this time.
A. Personnel pursuant to Government Code §54957 (b) (1) -
a. Public Employee: Ratification of Action taken and
b. Public Employee: Discipline/Dismissal/Release
5:00 P.M. Human Services Committee - (Supervisors Stocker and Vasquez - Alternate Supervisor Abe)
A. Consider a Budget Transfer in the amount of $22,859 from Account No. 100-5200-451-2300 (Professional Services) to Account No. 100-5200-451-6200 (Fixed Asset), for purchase of fixed assets to be used at points of dispensing and alternate care sites - Health and Human Services (Ten minute estimate) (144-11)
Public Facilities Committee - (Supervisors Griego and Vasquez - Alternate Supervisor Nicoletti)
04/07/2011 - 4:30 P.M. Marysville City/County Liaison Committee Cancelled
City of Marysville
526 C Street
Marysville, Ca 95901
In compliance with the American with
Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled
parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related
modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please
contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353
(fax). Requests must be made one
full business day before the start of the meeting. To place an item on the agenda, contact the
office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510.
PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board of Supervisors on items not appearing on the agenda which are of interest to the public and are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board, provided that no action shall be taken unless otherwise authorized by law. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes.
AGENDA ITEMS: The opportunity of the public to be heard on an item shall be provided during the consideration of that item. In the interest of time, the Board has limited the length of such comment or input on each item to 15 minutes total, with a limit of no more than 5 minutes per person or group. The period for public comments on a particular item may be extended upon a majority vote of the Board. These time limits do not apply to applicants appearing before the Board on behalf of their applications.
ACTION ITEMS: All items on the Agenda under the headings “Consent,” “County Departments,” Ordinances and Public Hearings,” “Items of Public Interest,” and “Closed Session,” or any of them, are items on which the Board may take any action at this meetings.
PUBLIC HEARINGS: All members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board as to any item which is noticed on the Board's agenda as a public hearing. The Board has limited each person or group input to no more than 3 minutes. Any person or group may provide the Board with a written statement in lieu of or in supplement to any oral statement made during a public hearing. Written statements shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board.
ORDINANCES: Ordinances shall not be passed within five days of their introductions, nor at other than a regular meeting or at an adjourned regular meeting. The Board of Supervisors will address ordinances at first readings. The public is urged to address ordinances at first readings. Passage of ordinances will be held at second readings, after reading the title, further reading is waived and adoption of the ordinance is made by majority vote. An urgency ordinance may be passed immediately upon introduction. The Board reserves the right to amend any proposed ordinances and to hold a first reading in lieu of a second reading.
INFORMATIONAL CORRESPONDENCE: The Board may direct any item of informational correspondence to a department head for appropriate action.
SCHEDULED LUNCH BREAK: Between the hours of 12:00 noon and 1:00 p.m. and at the discretion of the Chair, the Board will recess one hour for lunch.
SPECIAL MEETINGS: No public comment shall be allowed during special meetings of the Board of Supervisors, except for items duly noticed on the agenda.
PUBLIC INFORMATION: Copies of §6.7 shall be posted along with agendas.