Meetings are located at:
Yuba County Government Center
Board Chambers, 915 Eighth Street
November 15, 2011
9:30 A.M. YUBA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS - Welcome to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors meeting. As a courtesy to others, please turn off cell phones, pagers, or other electronic devices, which might disrupt the meeting. Thank you.
I. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - Led by Supervisor Nicoletti
II. ROLL CALL - Supervisors Vasquez, Nicoletti, Griego, Abe, Stocker
III. CONSENT AGENDA: All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine and can be enacted in one motion.
A. Administrative Services
C. Board of Supervisors
D. Community Development and Services
1. Adopt resolution to approve agreement with the State of California Office of Traffic Safety for the installation of radar signs at school boundaries and to authorize the Public Works Director to administer the grant and to execute the agreement. (495-11)
2. Adopt resolution authorizing Yuba County Community Development and Services Agency Director or his designee to complete purchase of single family residence APN 008-272-008 as part of the Neighborhood Stabilization program and execute all documents needed for completion of purchase, rehabilitation, and resale. (496-11)
3. Approve reconveying Lots A and B in Plumas Ranch Village 5, and Lot D in Woodside Village Unit 1 to developer Cresleigh Homes Corporation, abandonment of landscape easement over same, and authorize the Chair to execute Quitclaim deed(s) transferring any ownership rights to Cresleigh. (Land Use and Public Works Committee recommends approval) (497-11)
E. County Administrator
1. Adopt resolution authorizing the Director of Emergency Services to execute and submit an application for the Fiscal Year 2011 Emergency Management Performance Grant and execute documents as needed to obtain and administer grant funding. (498-11)
F. Health and Human Services
1. Adopt resolution authorizing the Chief Probation Officer of Yuba County to enter into memorandum of understanding with Sutter-Yuba Mental Health for mental health services for out of county residents housed at the Maxine Singer Youth Guidance Center, and approve renewal of the current Memorandum of Understanding and authorize the Chair to execute same. (503-11)
1. Authorize Budget Transfer in the amount of $51,369 from Account No. 108-0000-371-98-99 (Miscellaneous Revenue) to various accounts for operating expenses and equipment for Fiscal Year 2011-12 SAFE Team, Region III Program. (504-11)
IV. PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Any person may speak about any subject of concern provided it is within the jurisdiction of the Board of Supervisors and is not already on today's agenda. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes. Prior to this time speakers are requested to fill out a "Request to Speak" card and submit it to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors. Please note: No Board action can be taken on comments made under this heading.
V. COUNTY DEPARTMENTS
A. Community Development and Services
1. Adopt resolution approving acquisition of real property APN 014-010-016 (Williams) for drainage improvements, authorizing the execution of documents subject to review and approval of Counsel by Public Works Director; approve purchase and sale agreement and agriculture lease for same; and authorize Budget Transfer in the amount of $88,000 for purchase. (Postponed from November 1, 2011) (483-11)
B. County Administrator
1. Approve repayment agreement with City of Marysville related to the State Controller's Audit of Traffic Finds for Fiscal Years 2004-2005 through 2008-2009 and authorize the Chair to execute same. (Ten minute estimate) (505-11)
VI. ORDINANCES AND PUBLIC HEARINGS: If you challenge in court the action or decision of the Yuba County Board of Supervisors regarding a zoning, planning, land use or environmental protection matter made at any public hearing described in this notice, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at such public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, such public hearing.
B. Hold public hearing and adopt resolution order of vacation of that portion of Murphy Road lying between Feather River Boulevard and Feather River Set Back Levee. (Land Use and Public Works Committee recommends approval) (Five minute estimate) (508-11)
VII. CORRESPONDENCE - (509-11)
A. Notice from the State of California Fish and Game Commission regarding proposed regulatory action relating to Kellet's Whelk sport and commercial fisheries. Copy provided to Yuba County Fish and Game Advisory Commission
C. Notice from Pacific Gas and Electric regarding Initial Study Plan Meeting on Narrows No. 2 Transmission Line Project to be held in Sacramento, Wednesday, November 16, 2011 at 9 a.m. Copy provided to County Administrator and Community Development
D. Notice from Delta Stewardship Council advising a Draft Program Environmental Impact Report for the Delta Plan is available for public review and 60 day comment period from November 4, through January 3, 2012.
IX. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS WORKSHOP
A. Receive presentation regarding Yuba County's Solid Waste Franchise Agreement. (No background material) (60 minute estimate) (506-11)
X. BOARD AND STAFF MEMBERS’ REPORTS: This time is provided to allow Board and staff members to report on activities or to raise issues for placement on future agendas.
XI. CLOSED SESSION: Any person desiring to comment on any matter scheduled for this closed session may address the Board at this time.
A. Personnel pursuant to Government Code §54957 - Public Appointment/Auditor-Controller
B. Potential litigation pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(b) - One Case
1:00 P.M. YUBA COUNTY DISASTER COUNCIL
3:00 P.M. THREE RIVERS LEVEE IMPROVEMENT AUTHORITY
8:45 A.M. Law and Justice Committee - (Supervisors Nicoletti and Vasquez - Alternate Supervisor Stocker)
A. Consider changes to the Master Fee Schedule regarding burglary and robbery alarm systems, Probation and Sheriff's Adult Offender Work Program and Sheriff's Work Alternative Program and Electronic Monitoring - Sheriff's Department (20 minute estimate) (510-11)
Public Facilities Committee - (Supervisors Griego and Vasquez - Alternate Supervisor Nicoletti)
Finance and Administration Committee - (Supervisors Abe and Stocker - Alternate Supervisor Vasquez)
B. Consider resolution exempting from property taxation all real property having a base year value and all personal property with a full cash value of $5,000 or less - Assessor (Fifteen minute estimate) (513-11)
In compliance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled
parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related
modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please
contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353
(fax). Requests must be made one
full business day before the start of the meeting. To place an item on the agenda, contact the
office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353 (fax). Requests must be made one full business day before the start of the meeting.
PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board of Supervisors on items not appearing on the agenda which are of interest to the public and are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board, provided that no action shall be taken unless otherwise authorized by law. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes.
AGENDA ITEMS: The opportunity of the public to be heard on an item shall be provided during the consideration of that item. In the interest of time, the Board has limited the length of such comment or input on each item to 15 minutes total, with a limit of no more than 5 minutes per person or group. The period for public comments on a particular item may be extended upon a majority vote of the Board. These time limits do not apply to applicants appearing before the Board on behalf of their applications.
ACTION ITEMS: All items on the Agenda under the headings “Consent,” “County Departments,” Ordinances and Public Hearings,” “Items of Public Interest,” and “Closed Session,” or any of them, are items on which the Board may take any action at this meetings.
PUBLIC HEARINGS: All members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board as to any item which is noticed on the Board's agenda as a public hearing. The Board has limited each person or group input to no more than 3 minutes. Any person or group may provide the Board with a written statement in lieu of or in supplement to any oral statement made during a public hearing. Written statements shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board.
ORDINANCES: Ordinances shall not be passed within five days of their introductions, nor at other than a regular meeting or at an adjourned regular meeting. The Board of Supervisors will address ordinances at first readings. The public is urged to address ordinances at first readings. Passage of ordinances will be held at second readings, after reading the title, further reading is waived and adoption of the ordinance is made by majority vote. An urgency ordinance may be passed immediately upon introduction. The Board reserves the right to amend any proposed ordinances and to hold a first reading in lieu of a second reading.
INFORMATIONAL CORRESPONDENCE: The Board may direct any item of informational correspondence to a department head for appropriate action.
SCHEDULED LUNCH BREAK: Between the hours of and and at the discretion of the Chair, the Board will recess one hour for lunch.
SPECIAL MEETINGS: No public comment shall be allowed during special meetings of the Board of Supervisors, except for items duly noticed on the agenda.
PUBLIC INFORMATION: Copies of §6.7 shall be posted along with agendas.