Meetings are located at:
Yuba County Government Center
Board Chambers, 915 Eighth Street
June 25, 2013
ADDENDUM TO AGENDA - ADD TO CONSENT AGENDA ITEM C. 3. (Board of Supervisors)
8:30 A.M. YUBA COUNTY WATER AGENCY
9:30 A.M. YUBA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS - Welcome to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors meeting. As a courtesy to others, please turn off cell phones, pagers, or other electronic devices, which might disrupt the meeting. Thank you.
I. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - Led by Supervisor Nicoletti
II. ROLL CALL - Supervisors Vasquez, Nicoletti, Griego, Abe, Stocker
III. CONSENT AGENDA: All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine and can be enacted in one motion.
A. Administrative Services
1. Authorize Budget Transfer from various accounts in the total amount of $117,000 to transfer in lieu of health insurance back to salaries for all operating departments for five (5) month period ending May 30, 2013. (252-13)
C. Board of Supervisors
3. Appoint Dr. Michael G. Kinnison Interim Public Health Officer to the First 5 Yuba Commission to serve until appointment of his successor. (No background material) (264-13)
D. Clerk of the Board of Supervisors
E. Community Development and Services
F. County Administrator
1. Authorize Regional Waste Management Authority grant application on the County's behalf for the Used Oil Payment Program Cycle Four Application for Fiscal Year 2013-2014 and submittal of County Administrator letter. (257-13)
G. District Attorney
1. Authorize Budget Transfer in the total amount of $268,360 reprogramming various funds for the Jail, Boat Patrol, Animal Care Services, and Sheriff's Auto Services to cover current and projected shortages. (259-13)
IV. SPECIAL PRESENTATION
A. Receive presentation from Chinese delegation regarding agricultural trade and present resolution supporting a Friendship Community relationship with Yantai, China. (No background material) (Thirty minute estimate) (253-13)
V. PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Any person may speak about any subject of concern provided it is within the jurisdiction of the Board of Supervisors and is not already on today's agenda. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes. Prior to this time speakers are requested to fill out a "Request to Speak" card and submit it to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors. Please note: No Board action can be taken on comments made under this heading.
VI. COUNTY DEPARTMENTS
A. County Administrator
B. Emergency Services
1. Adopt resolution authorizing the Chairman of the Board to execute the Cooperative Fire Protection Agreement (Schedule A Contract) with California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection for dispatch services. (Ten minute estimate) (262-13)
C. Treasurer-Tax Collector
1. Adopt resolution authorizing the issuance and sale of Wheatland Union High School District Election of 2012 General Obligation Bonds, Series A, in an aggregate principal amount not to exceed $6,000,000. (Ten minute estimate) (263-13)
VII. CORRESPONDENCE - (263-13)
VIII. BOARD AND STAFF MEMBERS’ REPORTS: This time is provided to allow Board and staff members to report on activities or to raise issues for placement on future agendas.
IX. CLOSED SESSION: Any person desiring to comment on any matter scheduled for this closed session may address the Board at this time.
A. Personnel pursuant to Government Code §54957(a) - Labor Negotiations - DDAA/DSA/MSA/PPOA/Unrepresented and County of Yuba
In compliance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled
parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related
modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please
contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353
(fax). Requests must
be made two full business days before the start of the meeting. To
place an item on the agenda, contact the office of the Clerk of the Board
of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510.
AGENDA ITEMS: The opportunity of the public to be heard on an item shall be provided during the consideration of that item. In the interest of time, the Board has limited the length of such comment or input on each item to 15 minutes total, with a limit of no more than 5 minutes per person or group. The period for public comments on a particular item may be extended upon a majority vote of the Board. These time limits do not apply to applicants appearing before the Board on behalf of their applications.
ACTION ITEMS: All items on the Agenda under the headings “Consent,” “County Departments,” Ordinances and Public Hearings,” “Items of Public Interest,” and “Closed Session,” or any of them, are items on which the Board may take any action at this meetings.
PUBLIC HEARINGS: All members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board as to any item which is noticed on the Board's agenda as a public hearing. The Board has limited each person or group input to no more than 3 minutes. Any person or group may provide the Board with a written statement in lieu of or in supplement to any oral statement made during a public hearing. Written statements shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board.
ORDINANCES: Ordinances shall not be passed within five days of their introductions, nor at other than a regular meeting or at an adjourned regular meeting. The Board of Supervisors will address ordinances at first readings. The public is urged to address ordinances at first readings. Passage of ordinances will be held at second readings, after reading the title, further reading is waived and adoption of the ordinance is made by majority vote. An urgency ordinance may be passed immediately upon introduction. The Board reserves the right to amend any proposed ordinances and to hold a first reading in lieu of a second reading.
INFORMATIONAL CORRESPONDENCE: The Board may direct any item of informational correspondence to a department head for appropriate action.
SCHEDULED LUNCH BREAK: Between the hours of 12:00 noon and 1:00 p.m. and at the discretion of the Chair, the Board will recess one hour for lunch.
SPECIAL MEETINGS: No public comment shall be allowed during special meetings of the Board of Supervisors, except for items duly noticed on the agenda.
PUBLIC INFORMATION: Copies of §6.7 shall be posted along with agendas.
Posted 6/21/13 @10:30 a.m.