Meetings are located at:
Yuba County Government Center
Board Chambers, 915 Eighth Street
June 10, 2014
8:30 A.M. YUBA COUNTY WATER AGENCY
9:30 A.M. YUBA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS - Welcome to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors meeting. As a courtesy to others, please turn off cell phones, pagers, or other electronic devices, which might disrupt the meeting. All items on the agenda other than Correspondence and Board and Staff Members Reports are considered items for which the Board may take action. The public will be given opportunity to comment on action items on the agenda when the item is heard.
I. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - Led by Supervisor Abe
II. ROLL CALL - Supervisors Vasquez, Nicoletti, Griego, Abe, Stocker
III. CONSENT AGENDA: All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine and can be enacted in one motion.
A. Administrative Services
B. Clerk of the Board of Supervisors
C. Community Development and Services
2. (209-14) Adopt resolution authorizing Public Works Director to complete the purchase of APNS 050-110-025, 050-140-055, and 050-140-056 located in Challenge for Road Department Shop for the purchase price of $160,000 and to execute all necessary documents to complete purchase/escrow upon review of County Counsel.
6. (213-14) Approve amended agreement with Drake Haglan and Associates for civil engineering design services for Scales Road over Slate Creek Bridge Replacement project and authorize Chair to execute.
D. County Administrator
E. District Attorney
F. Emergency Services
G. Public Guardian
2. (220-14) Authorize budget transfer in the total amount of $178,167 reprogramming various funds for the Sheriff, Jail, Boat Patrol, Animal Care Services, and Bailiff's Court Security to cover current and projected shortages.
I. Treasurer-Tax Collector
IV. PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Any person may speak about any subject of concern provided it is within the jurisdiction of the Board of Supervisors and is not already on today's agenda. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes. Prior to this time speakers are requested to fill out a "Request to Speak" card and submit it to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors. Please note: No Board action can be taken on comments made under this heading.
V. COUNTY DEPARTMENTS
A. Administrative Services
1. (223-14) Receive report on replacing Sheriff's Department and Yuba County Water Agency shared use communications tower; authorize staff to proceed tower replacement conditioned upon necessary contractual approvals; authorize expenditure of capital project funds for initial phase including purchase and installation of radio tower structure, associated equipment installation and licensing from Sabre Industries; and adopt resolution authorizing the Purchasing Agent to proceed and sign all necessary purchasing documents related to initial phase. (Fifteen minute estimate)
B. Emergency Services
1. (225-14) Approve Schedule A Dispatch Services contract with the California Department of Forestry for Fiscal Years 2014/2015 - 2016/2017 in an amount not to exceed $180,739 and adopt resolution authorizing Chair to execute contracts and amendments. (Ten minute estimate)
C. Health and Human Services
1. (226-14) Adopt resolution supporting the Missing in America Project (MIAP) and designating Bob Day, a representative of MIAP, as the Yuba County Veterans' Remains Officer to locate, identify, and inter the unclaimed remains of Veterans or dependents of Veterans. (Ten minute estimate)
VI. ORDINANCES AND PUBLIC HEARINGS: If you challenge in court the action or decision of the Yuba County Board of Supervisors regarding a zoning, planning, land use or environmental protection matter made at any public hearing described in this notice, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at such public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, such public hearing and such public comments will be limited to three minutes per individual or group.
A. (181-14) Public Hearing - Hold hearing and adopt findings of facts, conclusion of law and orders authorizing assessment of administrative and abatement costs and penalties and recording of lien regarding 4323 Angelica Way (Luis Martinez, Beatrice Martinez, Nationstar Mortgage LLC) Olivehurst, in the amount of $14,998.70. (Continued from May 13, 2014) (Ten minute estimate)
VII. ITEM OF PUBLIC INTEREST
A. (227-14) Consider approval of application for off-sale beer and wine alcohol beverage license from Hira Petroleum on North Beale Road (APN 020-040-015) and make a finding of public convenience or necessity to allow license. (Ten minute estimate)
VIII. CORRESPONDENCE: The Board may direct any item of informational correspondence to a department head for appropriate action.
IX. BOARD AND STAFF MEMBERS’ REPORTS: This time is provided to allow Board and staff members to report on activities or to raise issues for placement on future agendas.
X. CLOSED SESSION:
A. Personnel pursuant to Government Code §54957 - Department Head Evaluation/County Counsel
B. Personnel pursuant to Government Code §54957(a) - Labor Negotiations - YCEA/County of Yuba
XI. RECESS TO 1:30 P.M.
A. (233-14) Consideration of Community Facilities District 2005-1, Woodside Homes, levy of special tax and issuance of bonds, and provide direction as appropriate. (Thirty minute estimate) (County Administrator)
11:30 A.M. Human Services Committee - (Supervisors Vasquez and Griego - Alternate Supervisor Stocker)
A. (234-14) Consider resolution for 2014/15 Public Health Emergency Preparedness, State General Funding Pandemic Influenza funding agreement with the California Department of Public Health - Health and Human Services (Ten minute estimate)
Land Use and Public Works Committee - (Supervisors Abe and Vasquez - Alternate Supervisor Nicoletti)
A. (224-14) Consider resolution approving Plumas Lake Specific Plan / North Arboga Study Area road fee nexus study update and establish revised improvement impact fees - Community Development and Services (Ten minute estimate)
6/10/2014 - 5:00 P.M. Wheatland City/County Liaison Committee - CANCELLED
Wheatland City Hall
111 C Street
6/11/2014 - 5:00 P.M. Linda Liaison Committee - CANCELLED
Linda Fire Protection District
1286 Scales Avenue
6/13/2014 - 11:00 A.M. Olivehurst Public Utility District/County Liaison Committee - CANCELLED
OPUD Board Room
1970 9th Avenue
Olivehurst, California 95961
In compliance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled
parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related
modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please
contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353
(fax). Requests must be made two
full business days before the start of the meeting. To place an item on the
agenda, contact the office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353 (fax). Requests must be made two full business days before the start of the meeting. To place an item on the agenda, contact the office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510.