Meetings are located at:
Yuba County Government Center
Board Chambers, 915 Eighth Street
June 24, 2014
8:30 A.M. YUBA COUNTY WATER AGENCY
9:30 A.M. YUBA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS - Welcome to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors meeting. As a courtesy to others, please turn off cell phones, pagers, or other electronic devices, which might disrupt the meeting. All items on the agenda other than Correspondence and Board and Staff Members Reports are considered items for which the Board may take action. The public will be given opportunity to comment on action items on the agenda when the item is heard.
I. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - Led by Supervisor Stocker
II. ROLL CALL - Supervisors Vasquez, Nicoletti, Griego, Abe, Stocker
III. CONSENT AGENDA: All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine and can be enacted in one motion.
A. Administrative Services
3. (264-14) Authorize Budget Transfer in the amount of $6,000 from Account No. 105-8300-432-63.30 (Fixed Assets) to Account No. 105-8300-432-28.00 (Special Department Expense) for repair of roof on tower facility.
B. Clerk of the Board of Supervisors
C. Community Development and Services
D. County Administrator
2. (244-14) Approve County Administrator letter authorizing Regional Waste Management Authority to submit grant application to California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery on the County's behalf for the Used Oil Payment Program application for Fiscal Year 2014/15 and to execute same.
E. Health and Human Services
1. (245-14) Adopt resolution for 2014/15 Public Health Emergency Preparedness, State General Funding Pandemic Influenza funding agreement with the California Department of Public Health and authorizing Chair to execute documents required by agreement. (Human Services Committee recommends approval)
G. Treasurer-Tax Collector
IV. SPECIAL PRESENTATION
V. PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Any person may speak about any subject of concern provided it is within the jurisdiction of the Board of Supervisors and is not already on today's agenda. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes. Prior to this time speakers are requested to fill out a "Request to Speak" card and submit it to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors. Please note: No Board action can be taken on comments made under this heading.
VI. COUNTY DEPARTMENTS
A. Community Development and Services
1. (249-14) Adopt resolution authorizing amending total costs of abatement assessed against property located at 1799 Hile Avenue, Lindam, APN 021-051-011, and authorize recording an amended abatement lien. (Five minute estimate)
B. County Administrator
C. Human Resources and Organizational Services
1. (251-14) Authorize intention to commence the Pre-Retirement Option 2W Death Benefit, for the classifications participating in the CAlPERS Safety Retirement Plan and Certification of Compliance with Government Code §7507 and governing body's action. (Five minute estimate)
D. Public Guardian
1. (252-14) Authorize increase in general fund appropriation in the amount of $18,710 and Budget Transfer in the total amount of $5,182 with $3,758 from General Fund Contingency. (Ten minute estimate)
VII. ORDINANCES AND PUBLIC HEARINGS: If you challenge in court the action or decision of the Yuba County Board of Supervisors regarding a zoning, planning, land use or environmental protection matter made at any public hearing described in this notice, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at such public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, such public hearing and such public comments will be limited to three minutes per individual or group.
A. (253-14) Hold public hearing and adopt resolution adopting Plumas Lake Specific Plan/North Arboga Study Area (PLSP/NASA) road fee nexus study update and establishing revised PLSP/NASA road improvement fees. (Five minute estimate)
VIII. CORRESPONDENCE: The Board may direct any item of informational correspondence to a department head for appropriate action.
H. (261-14) Notice from Three Rivers Levee Improvement Authority announcing Notice of Preparation of environmental impact report for Yuba Goldfields 200 Year Flood Protection project; two scoping meetings on Monday, June 23, 2014; and comment period ending July 14, 2014.
IX. BOARD AND STAFF MEMBERS’ REPORTS: This time is provided to allow Board and staff members to report on activities or to raise issues for placement on future agendas.
X. CLOSED SESSION:
A. Personnel pursuant to Government Code §54957(a) - Labor Negotiations - YCEA/County of Yuba
B. Pending litigation pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(d)(4) - One case
XI. RECESS TO 1:30 P.M.
10:30 A.M. Land Use and Public Works Committee - (Supervisors Abe and Vasquez - Alternate Supervisor Nicoletti)
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353 (fax). Requests must be made two full business days before the start of the meeting. To place an item on the agenda, contact the office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510