Meetings are located at:
Yuba County Government Center
Board Chambers, 915 Eighth Street
November 18, 2014
8:30 A.M. YUBA COUNTY WATER AGENCY
9:30 A.M. YUBA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS - Welcome to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors meeting. As a courtesy to others, please turn off cell phones, pagers, or other electronic devices, which might disrupt the meeting. All items on the agenda other than Correspondence and Board and Staff Members Reports are considered items for which the Board may take action. The public will be given opportunity to comment on action items on the agenda when the item is heard.
I. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - Led by Supervisor Abe
II. ROLL CALL - Supervisors Vasquez, Nicoletti, Griego, Abe, Stocker
III. CONSENT AGENDA: All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine and can be enacted in one motion.
A. Administrative Services
4. (507-14) Authorize Budget Transfer in the amount of $50,000 from Account No. 126-0000-371-93.00 (Enterprise Zone) to Account No. 126-9504-419-23.00 (Professional Services) for reimbursement of management services provided to the Yuba Sutter Enterprise Zone.
C. Clerk of the Board of Supervisors
D. Community Development and Services
1. (510-14) Adopt resolution regarding financial assurance for post closure maintenance and corrective action of the Ponderosa Landfill; approve pledge of revenue agreement with California Resources and Recycling and Recovery and authorize Chair to execute. (Public Works and Land Use Committee recommend approval)
E. County Counsel
1. (512-14) Adopt resolution rescinding County actions approving Environmental Impact Report and related permits associated with SR20/Kibbe Road intersection improvements and private haul road project.
F. Emergency Services
G. Health and Human Services
1. (514-14) Adopt resolution authorizing acceptance of Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health grant funds for the period of July 1, 2014 through June 20, 2015 and authorizing Chair to execute agreement and other pertinent documents.
1. (516-14) Adopt resolution authorizing Chairman to execute contract with California Department of Parks and Recreation for purchase of two personal watercrafts and trailer with federal funds administered by the state.
2. (517-14) Adopt resolutions amending the Position Allocation and Basic Salary Schedules as they relate to the Detention Services Clerk and Deputy Sheriff/Deputy Sheriff Trainee effective November 1, 2014.
IV. PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Any person may speak about any subject of concern provided it is within the jurisdiction of the Board of Supervisors and is not already on today's agenda. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes. Prior to this time speakers are requested to fill out a "Request to Speak" card and submit it to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors. Please note: No Board action can be taken on comments made under this heading.
V. COUNTY DEPARTMENTS
A. Administrative Services
2. (519-14) Approve agreement with Vanir Construction Management Inc. for Phase 1 Construction Management services for the Tri-County Juvenile Rehabilitation Project and authorize Chair to execute. (Five minute estimate)
3. (520-14) Approve agreement with Vanir Construction Management Inc. for Phase 1 Construction Management services for the new Sheriff's facility tenant improvement project and authorize Chair to execute. (Five minute estimate)
B. Board of Supervisors
C. County Administrator
1. (522-14) Adopt resolution approving a preliminary official statement and Bond Purchase agreement related to the offering and sale of special tax bonds of the County for Community Facilities District 2005-1 (Orchard Montrose Public Improvements) related to Improvement Area C of district and approving other related documents and actions. (Fifteen minute estimate)
1. (523-14) Adopt resolutions amending the Departmental Position Allocation and Basic Salary Schedules as it relates to Probation Department/Juvenile Facility class series effective November 1, 2014. (Ten minute estimate)
VI. ORDINANCES AND PUBLIC HEARINGS: If you challenge in court the action or decision of the Yuba County Board of Supervisors regarding a zoning, planning, land use or environmental protection matter made at any public hearing described in this notice, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at such public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, such public hearing and such public comments will be limited to three minutes per individual or group.
A. (524-14) Ordinance - Hold public hearing, waive reading, and introduce ordinance repealing and re-enacting Chapter 10.30 regarding requirements of the National Flood Insurance Program and Community Rating System. (First Reading) (Land Use and Public Works Committee recommend approval) (Ten minute estimate)
VII. CORRESPONDENCE: The Board may direct any item of informational correspondence to a department head for appropriate action.
VIII. BOARD AND STAFF MEMBERS’ REPORTS: This time is provided to allow Board and staff members to report on activities or to raise issues for placement on future agendas.
IX. CLOSED SESSION
A. Conference with Real Property Negotiator pursuant to Government Code §54956.8 - APN 019-270-047 (Brolliar, Milton M. and Sandra K.) Negotiating Parties: Michael Lee Negotiation: Authorization to make offer
B. Conference with Real Property Negotiator pursuant to Government Code §54956.8 - APN 005-270-037/005-370-001(County) Negotiating Parties: Browns Valley Irrigation District/County/Michael Lee Negotiation: Price and Terms
C. Personnel pursuant to Government Code §54957(b)(1) - Public Appointment Health Officer
D. Pending litigation pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(e)(3) - Two Claims/School and Leonard
E. Conference with legal counsel pursuant to Government Code §54956.9 - Claim/Potential Settlement
F. Personnel pursuant to Government Code §54957.6(a) - Labor Negotiations - DDAA
Land Use and Public Works Committee - (Supervisors Abe and Vasquez - Alternate Supervisor Nicoletti)
B. (530-14) Consider directing staff to initiate a the Proposition 218 process to propose increases to water and sewer rates for the River Highlands - Gold Village Community Services District - Community Development and Services/Public Works (Ten minute estimate)
2:00 P.M. THREE RIVERS LEVEE IMPROVEMENT AUTHORITY
In compliance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled
parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related
modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please
contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353
(fax). Requests must be made two
full business days before the start of the meeting. To place an item on the
agenda, contact the office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353 (fax). Requests must be made two full business days before the start of the meeting. To place an item on the agenda, contact the office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510.