Meetings are located at:
Yuba County Government Center
Board Chambers, 915 Eighth Street
December 16, 2014
9:30 A.M. YUBA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS - Welcome to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors meeting. As a courtesy to others, please turn off cell phones, pagers, or other electronic devices, which might disrupt the meeting. All items on the agenda other than Correspondence and Board and Staff Members Reports are considered items for which the Board may take action. The public will be given opportunity to comment on action items on the agenda when the item is heard.
I. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - Led by Supervisor Vasquez
II. ROLL CALL - Supervisors Vasquez, Nicoletti, Griego, Abe, Stocker
III. CONSENT AGENDA: All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine and can be enacted in one motion.
A. Administrative Services
2. (550-14) Approve amendment to agreement with Indigo/Hammond and Playle Architects for design changes to Water Agency communications room, review for the new Sheriff's facility, and authorize Chair to execute same.
B. Board of Supervisors
C. Clerk of the Board of Supervisors
D. Community Development and Services
1. (556-14) Adopt resolution approving submittal of application to Federal Highway Administration for Hammonton-Smartsville Road and authorizing Public Works Director to execute the grant and any related documents for the administration of the grant.
2. (557-14) Approve plans, specifications, estimate, and authorization for advertisement of bids for Spring Valley Road at Browns Valley ditch bridge replacement project and authorize Chair to execute.
E. County Administrator
F. Emergency Services
G. Health and Human Services
1. 562-14) Authorize increase in the amount of $15,174 to revenue Account No. 100-0000-361-45.00 (State Social Services Administrations) and to expenditure Account No. 100-5200-451-63.30 (Capital Asset Equipment IT Hardware) for final invoice for Presidio Virtual Desktop Infrastructure project.
IV. SPECIAL PRESENTATION
A. (563-14) Present proclamation to Supervisor Hal Stocker commending 20 years of service. (Five minute estimate)
B. (564-14) Present proclamation to Sandra Williams commending 20 years of service. (Five minute estimate)
C. (565-14) Present proclamation to Paul Donoho commending 22 years of service. (Five minute estimate)
V. PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Any person may speak about any subject of concern provided it is within the jurisdiction of the Board of Supervisors and is not already on today's agenda. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes. Prior to this time speakers are requested to fill out a "Request to Speak" card and submit it to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors. Please note: No Board action can be taken on comments made under this heading.
VI. COUNTY DEPARTMENTS
A. Administrative Services
2. (570-14) Declare certain property as surplus, authorize the County Purchasing Agent to dispose of items in accordance with Yuba County Ordinance Code 2.50.060, and adopt resolution authorizing the Purchasing Agent to regularly process and dispose of electronic waste.
B. County Administrator
2. (572-14) Adopt resolution approving Preliminary Official Statement and Bond Purchase Agreement related to the offering and sale of special tax bonds of the County for Community Facilities District 2005-1 (Orchard Montrose Public Improvements) related to Improvement Area A of district and approving other related documents and actions. (Fifteen minute estimate)
VII. ORDINANCES AND PUBLIC HEARINGS: If you challenge in court the action or decision of the Yuba County Board of Supervisors regarding a zoning, planning, land use or environmental protection matter made at any public hearing described in this notice, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at such public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, such public hearing and such public comments will be limited to three minutes per individual or group.
A. (539-14) Ordinance - Hold public hearing, waive reading, and adopt ordinance amending Chapter 7.50 of Title VII of the Yuba County Ordinance Code relating to Stormwater Quality. (Second reading. Continued from December 9, 2014) (Ten minute estimate)
VIII. CORRESPONDENCE: The Board may direct any item of informational correspondence to a department head for appropriate action.
A. (566-14) Two notices from State of California Water Resources Control Board of Petitions for Temporary Transfer of water of up to 5,000 acre feet, and petition for long-term transfer by Yuba County Water Agency.
IX. BOARD AND STAFF MEMBERS’ REPORTS: This time is provided to allow Board and staff members to report on activities or to raise issues for placement on future agendas.
X. CLOSED SESSION
A. Pending litigation pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(d)(1) - PG&E vs. County of Yuba
B. Personnel pursuant to Government Code §54957.6(a) - Labor Negotiations - DDAA Negotiators/Vacek/Wilson
In compliance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled
parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related
modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please
contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353
(fax). Requests must be made two
full business days before the start of the meeting. To place an item on the
agenda, contact the office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353 (fax). Requests must be made two full business days before the start of the meeting. To place an item on the agenda, contact the office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510.