Meetings are located at:
Yuba County Government Center
Board Chambers, 915 Eighth Street
June 2, 2015
1:00 P.M. YUBA COUNTY WATER AGENCY - CANCELLED
3:30 P.M. THREE RIVERS LEVEE IMPROVEMENT AUTHORITY
5:45 P.M. Human Services Committee - (Supervisors Griego and Fletcher - Alternate Supervisor Nicoletti)
A. (236-15) Consider Health and Human Services to solicit proposals for counseling, therapeutic and/or evaluation services for children and families of the Child Welfare Services division - Health and Human Services (Five minute estimate)
6:00 P.M. YUBA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS - Welcome to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors meeting. As a courtesy to others, please turn off cell phones, pagers, or other electronic devices, which might disrupt the meeting. All items on the agenda other than Correspondence and Board and Staff Members Reports are considered items for which the Board may take action. The public will be given opportunity to comment on action items on the agenda when the item is heard.
I. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - Led by Supervisor Abe
II. ROLL CALL - Supervisors Vasquez, Nicoletti, Griego, Abe, Fletcher
III. CONSENT AGENDA: All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine and can be enacted in one motion.
A. Administrative Services
2. (219-15) Adopt resolution authorizing County Administrator to file an application with Federal Aviation Administration on behalf of Airport for grant under the Airport Improvement Program in the amount $160,000.
1. (221-15) Authorize budget transfer from Account No. 101-0400-412-0101 (Salaries) in the total amount of $11,650 to Account No. 101-0400-412-2300 (Professional Services) to cover services related to Governmental Accounting Standards Board reporting and acquisition of financial reporting software.
C. Board of Supervisors
1. (229-15) Accept letter of resignation from At-large Director Jerry Crippen, Three Rivers Levee Improvement Authority, who will continue to serve, pursuant to letter of resignation, until appointment of replacement.
D. Community Development and Services
E. County Administrator
1. (223-15) Receive summary of a cost analysis of Public Defender contract services, do not renew the 2nd Conflict Public Defender and 1st Conflict Juvenile 602 contracts, approve three-year contract with Mr. Carl Lindmark for Juvenile 602 services, and authorize Chair to execute. (Finance and Administration Committee recommends approval)
F. Emergency Services
G. Human Resources and Organizational Services
H. Treasurer-Tax Collector
IV. SPECIAL PRESENTATION
B. (231-15) Receive presentation from Committee for Safe Patient Access to Regulated Cannabis regarding draft proposed ballot initiative relating to opening a medical cannabis dispensary. (Fifteen minute estimate) (Mr. Mickey Martin, CRCP Community Liaison)
V. PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Any person may speak about any subject of concern provided it is within the jurisdiction of the Board of Supervisors and is not already on today's agenda. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes. Prior to this time speakers are requested to fill out a "Request to Speak" card and submit it to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors. Please note: No Board action can be taken on comments made under this heading.
VI. COUNTY DEPARTMENTS
A. Community Development and Services
1. (232-15) Adopt resolution divesting maintenance of fire suppression pond as a provided service in County Service Area 59. (Land Use and Public Works Committee recommends approval) (Five minute estimate)
B. Board of Supervisors
VII. CORRESPONDENCE: The Board may direct any item of informational correspondence to a department head for appropriate action.
VIII. BOARD AND STAFF MEMBERS’ REPORTS: This time is provided to allow Board and staff members to report on activities or to raise issues for placement on future agendas.
IX. CLOSED SESSION
A. Personnel pursuant to Government Code §54957.6(a) - Labor Negotiations - DDAA/County of Yuba Negotiating Parties: Abel
B. Pending litigations pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(d)(1) - Powers vs. County of Yuba and Khan vs. County of Yuba
JUNE 4, 2015 2:00 P.M. YUBA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS WORKSHOP
A. ROLL CALL – Supervisors Vasquez, Nicoletti, Griego, Abe, Fletcher
06/04/2015 - 4:30 P.M. Marysville City/County Liaison Committee - CANCELLED
City of Marysville
526 C Street
Marysville, Ca 95901
In compliance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled
parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related
modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please
contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353
(fax). Requests must be made two
full business days before the start of the meeting. To place an item on the
agenda, contact the office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353 (fax). Requests must be made two full business days before the start of the meeting. To place an item on the agenda, contact the office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510.