Meetings are located at:
Yuba County Government Center
Board Chambers, 915 Eighth Street
June 23, 2015
8:30 A.M. YUBA COUNTY WATER AGENCY
ADDENDUM TO AGENDA - Add to Consent Agenda Item B. 3, and M. 1.
9:30 A.M. YUBA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS - Welcome to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors meeting. As a courtesy to others, please turn off cell phones, pagers, or other electronic devices, which might disrupt the meeting. All items on the agenda other than Correspondence and Board and Staff Members Reports are considered items for which the Board may take action. The public will be given opportunity to comment on action items on the agenda when the item is heard.
I. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - Led by Supervisor Fletcher
II. ROLL CALL - Supervisors Vasquez, Nicoletti, Griego, Abe, Fletcher
III. CONSENT AGENDA: All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine and can be enacted in one motion.
A. Administrative Services
3. (242-15) Adopt resolution authorizing Airport Manager to present proposal to Aircraft Owner's and Pilots Association (AOPA) for consideration of the Yuba County Airport as a location for an AOPA Regional Fly-In for 2016, 2017, and 2018.
B. Board of Supervisors
1. (245-15) Adopt resolution affirming commitment to preventing commercial exploitation of children in our county and to work collaboratively with all county partners to protect children and youth in the State of California.
C. Clerk of the Board of Supervisors
D. Community Development and Services
3. (253-15) Adopt resolution authorizing the Public Works Director to purchase real property identified as APN 019-260-049 (Smith) for less than $150,000 for Goldfields Parkway project pursuant to procedures provided in Section 2.50.270 of the Yuba County Ordinance Code.
4. (254-15) Authorize Auditor/Controller to disburse $383,260.24 in Measure D funds from Fund 807 to County Road Fund for $363,139.08, City of Marysville for $15,330.41, and City of Wheatland for $4,790.75.
E. County Administrator
1. (257-15) Authorize Regional Waste Management Authority grant application to California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery on the County's behalf for the Used Oil Payment Program for Fiscal Year 2015-2016, by authorizing submittal of County Administrator letter.
F. District Attorney
1. (258-15) Adopt resolution authorizing the District Attorney to enter into agreements with the United States Bureau of Justice Assistance for Grant Funding and act as the signing authority on behalf of the county to execute requested grant documents.
G. Emergency Services
H. Health and Human Services
1. (261-15) Authorize Health and Human Services to solicit proposals for counseling, therapeutic and/or evaluation services for children and families of the Child Welfare Services division. (Health and Human Services committee recommends approval)
I. Human Resources and Organizational Services
1. (265-15) Authorize appropriation in the amount of $35,742 from Account No. 101-0000-361-5617 (Aide for Construction) to various line items for expenses related to implementation of Justice Assistance grant.
L. Treasurer-Tax Collector
M. Information Technology
IV. SPECIAL PRESENTATION
V. PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Any person may speak about any subject of concern provided it is within the jurisdiction of the Board of Supervisors and is not already on today's agenda. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes. Prior to this time speakers are requested to fill out a "Request to Speak" card and submit it to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors. Please note: No Board action can be taken on comments made under this heading.
VI. COUNTY DEPARTMENTS
A. Board of Supervisors
B. County Administrator
1. (271-15) Consider adoption of a resolution approving a First Amendment to the Tri-County Joint Powers Agreement for the Tri County Regional Juvenile Rehabilitation Facility. (Fifteen minute estimate)
11:00 A.M.- (272-15) Receive Fiscal Year 2015-2016 Proposed Budget, presentation, and direct copies be made available to public; accept Proposed Budget as interim spending plan, including position allocation changes; set dates for Budget Workshop of August 18 and 19, 2015; and set Final Budget Hearings for 1:30 p.m. September 15, 2015. (Thirty minute estimate)
(273-15) Adopt resolution revising the Classification System-Basic Salary/Hourly Schedule in its entirety as it relates to the recommended 2015-2016 Fiscal Year Budget.
VII. ORDINANCES AND PUBLIC HEARINGS: If you challenge in court the action or decision of the Yuba County Board of Supervisors regarding a zoning, planning, land use or environmental protection matter made at any public hearing described in this notice, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at such public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, such public hearing and such public comments will be limited to three minutes per individual or group.
A. (274-15) Ordinance - Hold public hearing, waive reading, and adopt urgency ordinance amending Chapter 3.40.010 and adding Chapter 3.04.042 adopting an amendment to the existing contract between the County of Yuba and the California Public Employees' Retirement System Board of Administration. (Human Resources) (Ten minute estimate)
VIII. CORRESPONDENCE: The Board may direct any item of informational correspondence to a department head for appropriate action.
B. (276-15) Two notices from State Water Resources Control Board of petition for temporary water transfer from South Sutter Water District of up to 6,000 acre-feet from July 1 through September 30, 2015, and transfer under Contra Costa Water District permit 20749, up to 500 acre-feet from June 1 through October 31, 2015.
IX. BOARD AND STAFF MEMBERS’ REPORTS: This time is provided to allow Board and staff members to report on activities or to raise issues for placement on future agendas.
X. CLOSED SESSION
A. Pending litigation pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(d)(2) - One Case
In compliance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled
parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related
modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please
contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353
(fax). Requests must be made two
full business days before the start of the meeting. To place an item on the
agenda, contact the office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353 (fax). Requests must be made two full business days before the start of the meeting. To place an item on the agenda, contact the office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510.