Meetings are located at:
Yuba County Government Center
Board Chambers, 915 Eighth Street
July 21, 2015
9:30 A.M. YUBA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS - Welcome to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors meeting. As a courtesy to others, please turn off cell phones, pagers, or other electronic devices, which might disrupt the meeting. All items on the agenda other than Correspondence and Board and Staff Members Reports are considered items for which the Board may take action. The public will be given opportunity to comment on action items on the agenda when the item is heard.
I. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - Led by Supervisor Griego
II. ROLL CALL - Supervisors Vasquez, Nicoletti, Griego, Abe, Fletcher
III. CONSENT AGENDA: All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine and can be enacted in one motion.
A. Clerk of the Board of Supervisors
B. Community Development and Services
C. Emergency Services
D. Health and Human Services
1. (306-15) Approve agreement with Grace Source, Inc. for differential response services under Child Abuse Prevention, Intervention and Treatment, Community Based Child Abuse Prevention, and Children's Trust Fund program and authorize Chair to execute. (Human Services Committee recommends approval)
2. (307-15) Adopt resolution authorizing the Chair to execute on behalf of the County of Yuba agreements for CalWORKs program General Education Diploma (GED) courses for the period of July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2016.
3. (308-15) Adopt resolution authorizing the Chair to execute on behalf of the County of Yuba agreements for CalWORKs program employment services and assessments for the period of July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2016.
IV. PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Any person may speak about any subject of concern provided it is within the jurisdiction of the Board of Supervisors and is not already on today's agenda. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes. Prior to this time speakers are requested to fill out a "Request to Speak" card and submit it to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors. Please note: No Board action can be taken on comments made under this heading.
V. COUNTY DEPARTMENTS
A. Administrative Services
B. Board of Supervisors
1. (310-15) Adopt resolution approving incorporation of all amendments to the Three Rivers Levee Improvement Authority into a consolidated Joint Exercise of Powers agreement which includes approving change of at-large member boundaries to encompass the entire County including incorporated cities of the County. (Fifteen minute estimate)
C. County Administrator
D. Probation/District Attorney/Sheriff-Coroner
1. (312-15) Receive AB 109 update. (30 minute estimate) (No background material)
E. Sheriff-Coroner/Administrative Services
VI. ORDINANCES AND PUBLIC HEARINGS: If you challenge in court the action or decision of the Yuba County Board of Supervisors regarding a zoning, planning, land use or environmental protection matter made at any public hearing described in this notice, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at such public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, such public hearing and such public comments will be limited to three minutes per individual or group.
A. 10:00 A.M. (314-15) Ordinance - Hold public hearing; waive the only reading of ordinance; adopt resolution adopting negative declaration, adopting Yuba County Development Code and Zoning Map update, and rescinding East Linda Specific Plan, Olivehurst Avenue Specific Plan, and River Highlands Community Plan; and adopt ordinance repealing Title XI and Title XII and enacting Title XI relating to zoning and development in Yuba County. (Sixty minute estimate) (Roll Call Vote)
VII. CORRESPONDENCE: The Board may direct any item of informational correspondence to a department head for appropriate action.
B. (317-15) Two notices from Reclamation District 784 regarding nominations, election of Trustees by all-mailed ballots establishing an election date of Wednesday, November 4, 2015; and special meeting July 20, 2015 to discuss forming State Maintenance Area for property within Horseshoe Levee.
VIII. BOARD AND STAFF MEMBERS’ REPORTS: This time is provided to allow Board and staff members to report on activities or to raise issues for placement on future agendas.
IX. CLOSED SESSION
A. Pending litigation pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(d)(4) - One Case
1:30 P.M. YUBA COUNTY DISASTER COUNCIL
2:00 P.M. THREE RIVERS LEVEE IMPROVEMENT AUTHORITY
In compliance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled
parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related
modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please
contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353
(fax). Requests must be made two
full business days before the start of the meeting. To place an item on the
agenda, contact the office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353 (fax). Requests must be made two full business days before the start of the meeting. To place an item on the agenda, contact the office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510.