Skip Top Navigation
image: Click here to return to the Yuba County home page.
image: Collins Lake in Yuba County

County Elections - Registrar of Voters

Terry A. Hansen

915 8th St., Suite 107, Marysville, CA 95901


Phone: (530) 749-7855

Fax: (530) 749-7854


Office Hours:  8:00 a.m. - 5:00  p.m.








Who can be a poll worker?

  • Any registered California Voter

  • Any US citizen or individual lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the United States

  • Eligible high school students (See Student Poll Worker Program below)


What does a poll worker do?

  • Sets up and closes a polling place

  • Helps voters understand their rights

  • Protects ballots and voting equipment.


Why be a poll worker?

  • Get involved in the democratic process

  • Contribute to your community

  • Earn extra money



  • Election day

  • Poll workers must commit to working from 6:00 a.m. until the poll site has closed and all supplies and equipment prepared for return



  • Be a registered voter in California, a Yuba County employee, or a high school student in a sponsored high school poll worker program.

 • Attend a mandatory training class that can last up to 2.5 hours.

  • Must be able to work from 6:00 a.m. until approximately 9:30 p.m.


Position Duties & Pay:


  • Pay - $90
  • Supervises polling place operations
  • Attends training class
  • Picks up supplies
  • Sets up/takes down polling place
  • Delivers supplies to and from an assigned Return Center.


  • Pay - $75
  • Assists Inspector
  • May accompany Inspector to Return Center.


Training - Required for All Poll Workers

  • Pay - $10


Student Poll Worker Program

California Elections Code section 12302 allows eligible students to be appointed as poll workers on Election Day.  As poll workers, students learn first hand the importance of participating in the electoral process.  In addition, they provide much needed support at polling place locations.  In order to be eligible to be appointed as a poll worker, a student must be:

  • A United States Citizen or lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the United States;

  • At least 16 years of age at the time of the election in which he or she will be serving;

  • A high school student with a grade point average of at least 2.5 (based on a 4.0 scale);

  • A student in good standing, attending a public or private secondary education institution.

  • Student Poll Worker Application











Clerk-Recorder • 915 8th. St., Suite 107, Marysville, CA 95901 • (530) 749-7855 • Fax: (530) 749-7854


©2009 County of Yuba, CA